Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 10, 2017

The Inspirations for Sylver Eden

Sylver Eden, the Psycho in Wonderland of Evermore. She is strange, she is sweet, she is smart....She is vengeful whoever tortures and hurts anyone innocent. Sylver Eden will f**k your world so bring on the news, 'cause here she goes....Here she goes again! Enjoy reading this, thanks. --KatDon 

Ah, Sylver Eden. Sylver Eden, my darling. My how much you've grown~! Originally in the drafts, she was supposedly a shy, wimpy girl who then takes a serum because she wants to be like Briar Devlin and goes through risky things. Sometimes deadly however it didn't appeal to me so I decided to change her schtick a little more. Sylver Eden is based on myself: I am diagnosed with highly functioned autism, I went through meltdowns and I am not suffering from autism as if it was a mental illness--It's part of who I am but I have anxiety sometimes and I am hypersensitive to unexpected loud noises so that's why I based Sylver on myself because I wanted her to be extraordinary than most but she still wants to socialize with other people. In Florida; people used to tell me I have to 'deal with it' and I dealt with a lot of things that people back there didn't care about which upset me and I begin to hate people like that. They couldn't understand, no matter how hard I try to cut classes that involved with laughter, or movies in crowds, nobody knew. It got better a little when I got older but I still struggle with hypersensitivity of loud noises. Anyway, I'm ranting a lot...I needed to change her and make her a badass in the middle of Phenomenon Serendipity, I wanted her to be a surprise when something happens and then all hell breaks loose. 

RIVER TAM: During River's early childhood, she grew up alongside her brother, Simon, part of the wealthy Tam family on the "core" planet of Osiris. She was extremely gifted intellectually from a very young age and also very graceful. She has been portrayed and described consistently as having always had both a strong thirst for knowledge and a love for and intuitive grasp of dance. By the time she was 14 years old, she had grown “bored” with her studies and was already in the graduate program for physics. It was at this point that she was sent to a government learning facility known as "The Academy". While her parents and Simon believed the Academy was a private school meant to nurture the gifts of talented children, it was in fact a cover for a government experiment in creating assassins. While in the hands of the Alliance doctors and scientists, River was secretly and extensively experimented on, including surgery that damaged her amygdala. According to Simon, the Alliance attempted to isolate River from her family, though she managed to send a call for help by putting a coded message in a letter to her brother. Simon decoded the message and set out to rescue his then 16-year-old sister, despite his parents' insistence that he was being paranoid. Simon exhausted his personal fortune and sacrificed a promising career in medicine, but eventually located and freed River with the help of anti-governmental groups. The R. Tam sessions depict her descent into insanity, and also portray hints of her psychic abilities. River has strong “intuitive” abilities and can easily understand complex subjects. River is mostly barefoot throughout the series. When not barefoot, she tends to favor heavy steel toe capped boots that appear incongruous with the dresses she wears. Summer Glau is a badass bitch as River, I wanted Sylver to be an exported character of Miss River Tam. While Sylver is not psychic like River; she does seem abnormal but is a crazy badass chick you don't want to mess with. Sylver constantly gets herself into danger however always finds a way out of any situation. 

WHITE OLEANDER: Astrid Magnussen is a 15 year old girl, living in California. Her mother, Ingrid, is a beautiful, free-spirited poet. Their life, though unusual, is satisfying until one day, a man named Barry Kolker comes into their lives, and Ingrid falls madly in love with him, only to have her heart broken, and her life ruined. For revenge, Ingrid murders Barry with the deadly poison of her favourite flower: The White Oleander. She is sent to prison for life, and Astrid has to go through foster home after foster home. Throughout nearly a decade she experiences forbidden love, religion, near-death experiences, drugs, starvation, and how it feels to be loved. But throughout these years, she keeps in touch with her mother via letters to prison. And while Ingrid's gift is to give Astrid the power to survive, Astrid's gift is to teach her Mother about love. While Sylver was an orphan and went through foster homes; she dealt with abusive fathers, dysfunctional foster families and just people in general that get on her nerves soooo badly! I wanted her to have a reason for hating screwed up, evil families like Vinsmoke and Hiragi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment