Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 25, 2014

Uranometria Volume 3--Chapter 2

This is the second chapter of the third volume. It looks like Cassandra is in hot water when a power hungry king who is nothing but a bastard. That man is Sarpedon, the guy who is Laran's father as he learns Cassandra is the 'most powerful of them all'. It's quite like Snow White but things are about to get crazier. And Patroklos and the others get involved with things like love and being brave. Hope you guys enjoy it! --KatDon

Chapter 2: Powerful  of them All

Upon an acropolis; there was a dark castle as the evil dark lord Sarpedon, he was fuming over his son and how there were enemies that wish to overthrow him. He turned to the looking glass as he said to it: "Magic mirror on the wall, who is the most powerful of them all?" asked Sarpedon. The mirror spoke to him: "My lord, you are the most powerful but someone else is more powerful than you." Sarpedon couldn't believe this, "What? Who could it be?!" He demanded. "They call her Cassandra Endymion. And she is a thousand times more powerful than you." replied the mirror. Sarpedon is angered by this, "First they wish to overthrow me and now this is all I hear." He wonders what he should do at the moment. Then he had an idea. Later, Cassandra is drugged and kidnapped by Sarpedon's guards, who sold her to Sapedon. Cass is held captive in a tower, she is alone and is horrified as she couldn't sleep and she has a lot of stress because there is nothing she can do. Jack and Trygve are searching for Cassandra. All of a sudden; Cassandra remembers her powers and she smiles coyly of a plan she came up with in her mind. Once brought forward by Sarpedon; Cassandra acted all frightened and vulnerable but then she gouged her heart out of her chest. She becomes the heart less creature once more as she took on Sarpedon but the effects of her powers is causing Sarpedon's castle to titter a little bit. Sarpedon realized this as he called her out, "Are you planning on killing me?" He demanded. "Yes." said Heart less Cassandra. Sarpedon is shocked as he tried to escape but Cassandra's telekinesis became lethal. Sarpedon was nearly stabbed and shot at by different weapons in his palace. Sarpedon is then thrown out of his castle, presumably deceased. Cassandra put her heart back in her chest but then faints. She woke up to the scent of bergamot, lemon, mint, cardamom, anise. and sandalwood. Cassandra opened her eyes to see Jack carrying her, "Jack. It's you." She said feebly. Elric stared after Cassandra and asked, "What kind of girl is she?" Trygve didn't look at him but he said, "One of a kind."

In the meantime; Patroklos Amirani and his friends were in the middle of nowhere, after getting off the bus stop. They had no idea where they were and they were afraid of being lost, however their spirits are lifted when they found a ship called Iron Mountain and when they climb onto it; they realize that the ship can fly in the sky. So they travel to other worlds. They headed to their first world known as Saint Brendan's Island. But along the world, a windy storm caused Patroklos and his friends be separated in the storm as they went to other worlds. Patroklos and Jeremiah Amirani landed in Saint Brendan but also in a strange world. On Saint Brendan; there's a world known as the Lotus Eater Land--which Patroklos and Jeremiah is on, where people escape from their problems on Saint Brendan. Take Pyramus Darby, for example, is a young man that pushes aside reality of his divorced family as well as his arguments with his annoying and daydreaming sister, Zorya. Pyramus feel a twinge guilt and hurt but he doesn't know what to do. He goes to Lotus Eater to vent his problems out there. In reality; Pyramus is a loner with not much friends for his aggressive and harsh attitude. But in Lotus Eater Land, he is a warrior! However, everything changed when he meets Thisbe Joannes. Thisbe is a sweet girl that's lonely and feels like she has no place. When these two different people meet; they change after one incredible thing that happens: They fall in love. And there is a child they created through ideas and there was a special girl. Her name is Knutine. She was found in a box where all their wishes and ideas of their own child has come to life. She acknowledges Pyramus and Thisbe as her parents, she looked like she's about 7 to 8 years of age. Knutine has her 'maternal' traits but a little bit of her 'paternal' looks of hair color and skin. No pregnancy, no intimacy, but more of an idea. All written on paper. 

But there's something unique about Knutine; she has sun, moon, and stars tattoos on her ankles. When she uses the power from the sun on her left ankle, she has fire powers. When she uses power from the moon on her right ankle, she can control water. And the stars, she can miracles happen in tomorrow and tonight. She somehow saw a vision of Patroklos and Jeremiah as she told Patroklos of 'two shooting stars' falling from the sky. Patroklos woke up, where Knutine called out: "Someone's fallen aloft!" When Pyramus saw who it was, he helped Patroklos get out of the hole. Once Patroklos was pulled out from there, he thanked the lad for helping him. "My name is Pyramus Darby." said Pyramus. Patroklos smiled, "Top of the morning to you, I'm Patroklos Amirani." He replied. Pyramus was surprise to hear he has an accent, "Hey, isn't that Irish?" He asked. Patroklos looked at him with surprise, "Yes. I'm from the Fortunate Isles." He said. "I heard it got massacred there." Pyramus remarked. Patroklos nodded feebly, "Yeah." He said, he didn't want to share his feelings of relief from the bad people that turned the luck sour. Patroklos thought he saw Knutine, but she vanished and the two boys talk to each other while walking. In the meantime; Jeremiah was having visions until he bumps into a girl--Thisbe Joannes was the girl he bumped into. Thisbe looked at frail Jeremiah and asked if he was all right. "Sorry, just a little scared. I am Jeremiah Amirani." said Jeremiah with politeness. "My name is Thisbe Joannes." said Thisbe. Just then, Knutine's voice calls out Thisbe, as 'Momma' and Thisbe can hear Pyramus's voice, she runs over and Jeremiah, who is perplexed, follows her. Pyramus can see Thisbe running and he rush over to her, hugging her in his arms. Patroklos is surprised, he smiles but he is glad to see his brother Jeremiah is all right. 

Jeremiah begin to notice a little girl, who seemed shy when she meets him. "Who is this lassie?" asked Jeremiah, ruffling the little girl's hair. The girl, Knutine, beamed with pride. Pyramus and Thisbe looked at each other nervously, "Um.." They both said. Jeremiah looked confused, "You don't know?" He asked. Knutine popped up, "I will! Their my momma and papa!" She said. Patroklos and Jeremiah looked shocked: "What?" They cried. Pyramus and Thisbe were blushing, it was a little bit embarrassing for them to say it out loud. "You mean...." Patroklos started to say. "...You two are...." Jeremiah said after him. And then the brothers cried out, "...Married?!" Pyramus and Thisbe chuckled, "It's a long story." Pyramus said. And they explained that while lying in bed, their arms entwined; they started to talk of the future. Then, Thisbe suggest they have a child of their own: "Maybe we could have a kid....A little girl." She said. "Now?" asked Pyramus. Thisbe thought for a moment before crying out, "No, wait..." and then she jumped off the bed. "Yes." She went out as Pyramus cried out, "Wait!" He was unsure what she might be up to. Thisbe came back with a pen and paper, she begin to write down on the notepad. "Our kid could be a little girl." She said. "Seriously?" Pyramus asked. Thisbe ignored him as she continued to write, "Our little girl would never give up." She said. Pyramus peered over her shoulder to question this of whatever it is she is doing, "What is this?" "Wishes, I was once told that if you write down wishes on what your future child would be." explained Thisbe. Pyramus looked amazed, "Oh, that's cool." He admitted. Pyramus and Thisbe came up with more ideas for their future kid: "She could have your beauty, and my brains." suggested Pyramus. Thisbe gave him a look, "What's wrong with my brains? I'm smart too, you know." She said, sassing him. 

Pyramus held up his hands in defense, "I'm not saying that." He said. Thisbe looked at him, a sneaky grin appeared and then she said: "OK, that's it. You ask for it!" She wrote something as she was satisfied of what she wrote, "She can have half of mine and half of yours." said Thisbe. Pyramus sighed, "Fair enough." He admitted. Then he thought of another idea. "She can be beautiful." said Pyramus. Thisbe smiled and wrote this down but added another, "Sweet." She said. "See things differently than others." said Pyramus, Thisbe nodded as she wrote this down. They were thinking more ideas: "Whimsical." said Thisbe. Pyramus raised an eyebrow, "Whimsical?" He asked. Thisbe nodded, "Yeah, to dream." She said. "Honest to a fault." countered Pyramus. "Understanding." replied Thisbe. They were writing more: "Have a big heart?" asked Pyramus. They looked at each other for a moment and then nodded happily, "Yes." They said. Thisbe then thought of another that seemed strange, "She'll be the girl on fire within morning...." She said. "Huh?" Pyramus asked. "....And the girl to cast water from the moon...." said Thisbe, still writing. "What?" Pyramus tried to question this. ".....She will create miracles from the stars in the sky." muttered Thisbe. "What is that supposed to be?" Pyramus said, wanting to know. Thisbe smiled, "Work with me, Darby dear." She teased. Finally, they took all the notes and put in a lavender colored box that says, "Wishing Box". As the two were asleep in the Lotus Eater World; something magical happened. And then, the "Wishing Box" was found but it was bigger and out came a little girl who was magical. "Hi." She said. "Hi." said Thisbe. "My name is Knutine." said the girl, and she begin to change the lives in Pyramus and Thisbe, who begin to renew their lives in Saint Brendan. Knutine begin to redeem those in Saint Brendan that was broken and lost. But things got crazy when the Wendigos attack so Jeremiah kept Knutine safe while Patroklos, Pyramus and Thisbe fought them however Pyramus gets injured and Thisbe tends to his wound. Patroklos slayed the Wendigo. 

In the meantime; Pyramus was bleeding as Thisbe tried to help him but both were remembering their lives with one another was hardships: Pyramus still feels intense guilt over his parents' divorce is his fault, and thus is still unwilling to fully open up to Thisbe. However, Thisbe has an inkling that something is impeding Pyramus from assuming he is a warrior. Even though he is a troubled boy Thisbe still feels the powerful vibe Pyramus exudes. But then, the relationship used to be very meaningful to them but now that it’s over it doesn’t mean anything to them since they struggled. It is so forgotten that there isn’t any trace of it at all anymore. Even though their relationship ended, she still hasn’t forgotten how they broke up and goes back to the sadness of it. Thisbe trying to get rid of what happened in her past relationship and let go of all her past memories. When she came back, Pyramus wasn’t there. The place she went back was gone along with Pyramus’s memory. The relationship meant a lot to him and he wished that they could’ve stayed together. Nothing can make them go back to the way they were before because words are too late to mend everything now. That's when things in Lotus Eater made them re think things; Thisbe has changed her previous feelings on love and now believes that it's never too late, reflecting how she feels with Pyramus and the faith she has despite the relationship that was struggling without one another. They have  let go her past and broke free from the memories that held them back. Just then, A Morrigan appeared, much to everyone's surprise, and heals Pyramus. Thisbe is relieved and the the couple embraced one another. "I thought I'd lost you." said Pyramus. "Me too, I'm glad." said Thisbe. They pulled away from one another and kissed. Patroklos smiled at her, Jeremiah sighed deeply. "Brother?" asked Patroklos. "Ugh, Pat. I think I'm  going to blow grits." groaned Jeremiah, "Oh, come now. I feel this is romantic." replied Patroklos. "It's mawkish. Ugh, much violent revulsion." complained Jeremiah. 

He walked away as Patroklos smiles while watching this couple. Knutine surprised her 'parents, who embraced her. Patroklos grinned widely, he's glad that they are together because it was what a true family was. Meanwhile; Tiermes LeSavage has landed in a world known as Neritum. While there; he can see Tobit & Sadie in trouble. He steps in where he is confronted by a thug known as Nuada Chronos, he is a really cruel person to everyone. Nuada threatens to kill Isaac 'Isko' and Rebecca 'Reeta' however Tiermes uses his strength and double guns against his enemy. "I could settle you myself, Tiermes." said Nuada. "Go ahead and try, you disgusting bastard." dared Tiermes. "Over my dead body!" exclaimed Nuada. "I'll try to immolate you." said Tiermes. Preparing a battle. While in Neritum on the other side of town; Hagen Rut, Iktomi Ogma and Glen Drest meet a mysterious girl name Pythia. She is Sioux heritage and has copper skin, long black hair, and she wore a one-shouldered Indian mini-dress which beige and more elaborate with the addition of feathers and turquoise stones. She has a slender, statuesque figure with broad shoulders and narrow hips; even soft suede flat shoes. "Hohahe Hagen. Iktomi. And Glen." She said with grace. The three looked at her with confusion, "And the rest of the day to yourself, madame." said Iktomi. But he started to ask, "How did you know our nam--" Pythia held up a hand, "I am Pythia. I just want to let you know, I just want to meet you this one time." She said. This confuses them, until Pythia beckons them to the city where the Wendigos attack them. Hagen, Iktomi, and Glen were lost however Iktomi could hear the mysterious girl's familiar voice talking through him in his mind: "Iktomi, wake up." Iktomi was confused, "Pardon?" He asked. But then he begin to feel strange and begins to have something growing inside him and then lets out this power he had: Plants were coming to life and he begins to trust these powers bestow upon him but he is curious if this girl did this. 

While investigating on Silver Branch; Ace was reading Ophelia's diary, she had been recording some things in her diary: They call me 'freak girl' because I'm different, I can't blame them. The others, they think I'm weird. All I ever wanted is to be accepted as I am. I know I am different and I have some flaws but I'm working on tweaking on them. I'm a Cloud Cuckoolander, Mad Dreamer, The Ophelia, and Naive Girl. But I can be deadly, no not really but you should consider me into the 'Beware the Nice Ones' group. And 'Beware the Silly Ones' as well as 'Beware the Quiet Ones'. I may be a nice girl but do not push all my buttons because I can go crazy on you. Like Roaring Rampage of Revenge. No, even more deadlier: Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds! Hahaha...Ahem! Sorry, my sanity went down for one second my friends. My name is Larunda 'Lara' Seltsam, I am 21 years old but I look like I'm a teenager. I was diagnosed with high fuctioned and dealing with a lot of panic attacks. I see things differently than others, I can take pictures with my mind so that only their faces are etched into my brain. These portraits can play over and over again, it overloads but it doesn't hurt physically. I kind of like the feeling, it's exciting really! I went through a lot lately: Hypersensitivity to some noises, child abuse, bullying, socially isolated from some people for I feared of betrayal and for those that do not understand me. I am a big fan of anime (Or as you people like to call them 'Japanese cartoons'). From childhood to my early 20's and never stop since. I wrote this to tell the truth, especially to the relatives who didn't know about this and for them to know the truth. I also wrote this so you know my story. Hear my tale; I don't want sympathy or forgiveness but for you to understand me.  

Ace is interested as he continues to read more: The first thing I remembered when I came into the world was a bright light like the sun, the ceiling was a gray blue. The rest was a blur but when I was 3; I somehow changed. Became different was when the sounds of laughter and other unexpected noises. It didn’t hurt me physically but it was emotionally traumatizing. My first ‘trauma’ went like this: I was at the amusement par, with my brother and my parents. My little brother Jimmy wasn’t even born yet, not until seven years later. Anyways, I remembered seeing a small fountain which mirrored a rainbow prism from the water. It was such a fascinating sight, I wanted to stay there, in the park. But I was dragged to the show. Boy, What a nightmare that was!  In the beginning, there was a man with a cap hat and he wore blue shorts. He wore a blue and white striped shirt with a red vest. He wore black sandal, he also had a white mustache. I could also see his bare legs too. The man sang some song, then asked the entire audience if we were ready for Barney. At that time, he asked all and sundry if he could turn on the buttons. The audience cheered ‘yes’ and that’s what he did. The next thing I remembered was him playing those funny sounds, I heard ‘boing’ and other weird resonances caused a loud laughter from the audience.


I could hear my father guffawed his nerdy laugh while I cringed into my purple jacket. I recalled afterwards we entered a dark entrance of the show. I hid behind a bench as I witnessed the show come to life on the stage. During the show, I was given an autumn leaf and held it in my hands. The show then closed up with its infamous, sappy song.  Later, I found myself in a stroller and I heard Dad asking: “You wanna go swimming?” and I heard my older brother said, “Yeah!” And so we did. As I grew up, I was uptight and stubborn. I hate being part of crowds, I hate watching movies with others. In elementary school, every time a movie is played; I’d go hiding in the bathroom. There was another youthful mishap I remember we had a Halloween party, and it was noisy. It was so bad that I was so upset. My teachers, some of them didn’t get me. It’s embarrassing for me to admit this but hey! I wasn’t much of a goody-good. Besides school, home was awful. My parents fought a lot. I just didn’t understand, I thought both of parents loved with one another. Though, as a kid, I never comprehend the entire story perspective. Me? I would pick sides any time one of my parents was ‘mean’ and I’d go to that ‘nice’ one. Yup, some daughter I was. My father….As a kid; I thought Dad had a tempter. Yeah. Temper. Sure! He would beat me up. No, he also beats my mother too. But me? If I’d misbehaved or have a horrible meltdown; I would get sent home early. My father was angry as he slapped me. He jeers horrible things at me. He told me to go up in my room. 

I begged him, but he spanked me hard on the bottom. I obeyed, crying on my way up the stairs. Throw myself on the bed and begin to kick, scream, and cry so loud until one of my parents told me to cut it out. Anytime I hit a teacher or staff member, throw stuff around, or hurt another student; I’d get my CDS and Barbie dolls taken. My privileges. I wasn’t allowed to have them back until I was a ‘good girl’. In which I complied. Finally, I got my stuff back. My dad wouldn’t just yell or hit at me for the things I did wrong, he’d yell at me for the simple mistakes. Accidents were a big issue for him whenever I did them. Either I spilled a drink or accidentally left the refrigerator door opened, it would be a big deal for him. Most parents would see accidents as not a big deal, they’d be like: ‘Oh, it’s OK.’ and ‘Don’t worry, I’ll help you clean it up.’ Oh no, my father would scream at me, I cowered in fear; apologizing. He’d get frustrated, “GET AWAY FROM ME!” Dad hollered. I backed away with distress as Dad threatened to hurt me if I didn’t get away from him. Sometimes I tell him that it was an accident. He’d come face to face so close that I could see the anger on his face. With gritted teeth; he’d said that if I didn’t get away and motions with a clap of his hands while saying, “BANG!” 

When I was little, I was born being slightly diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and mild anxiety disorder, and got into trouble for my explosive behavior; My father would get so mad at me for it that he would hit me either my face or my rear end, telling me harshly 'You're not sorry, you'll do it again!'. Or sometimes over the smallest things such as juice spills. I always weep as I went and told my mother everything. Every time my parents fought and wouldn’t speak to one another. It was unbearable! So, you wanna know what I did? I wrote forged notes to make it look like either one wanted forgiveness. But my parents were both furious with me. I was only trying to help but oh well! It was long ago, so yesterday! No worries. If you thought my bad behavior was bad, let me tell you about the Sunday school fiasco. I hate going to church. Don’t get the wrong idea! It wasn’t the preaching of God. It was the microphone of the priests and the laughter of people any time the priest’s witty anecdotes. I didn’t want to go to church because of its loudness. But both of my parents wanted me to cope with the sounds. After church was Sunday school; my parents were teachers there. I was once friends with a girl who was sturdy. She had golden blonde hair that made her look like an angel and her face was rosy but her smile was bright. White, cleaned. My teachers, I fully remembered their appearances and the memories that I shamed of what I did to them. 


All the evil things I’d done. I got in trouble for that too, one good hit from my father later and getting scolded at by him. I managed to reunite with those people at my little brother’s first communion. Ever since my meltdowns, I no longer had a lot of friends like I used to. I was kicked out of elementary school and was home-schooled by my mom. I hated it. Finally, I was overjoy to hear that I was going to middle school. This was a perfect way for me to start over and make new friends. If you thought my childhood was bad, you should take a look at my teen years. How my saccharine-self became a skeptical, experienced persona that had dark points. My teen years was no coming of age ordeal. I was always childish, daydreaming, not being like everybody else. I wasn’t popular, nor was I an outcast too much either. I hanged out with the wrong crowd and my so-called friends ditched me. And it went on for at least when I was 13, to 14, and finally to 15 years of age. The story is so alarming, so unspeakable, that I can’t believe I’m writing this. But here it goes……

After agonizing in home school (It wasn’t too long, but yeah I hated it!), I finally went to middle school. However, no matter what occurred to me, my meltdowns were the same. They worsened. The more I got in trouble, the more I got abused by my father. My father held grudges the longest against me! I hate that, which was my biggest fears. I always fear that if I anger someone, this person would get angry and never talk to me again. In the aftermath out of this; my teachers weren’t so empathetic, they told me though to take medication. I made friends but it didn’t go too well. One of my friends try to help conquer my ‘fear’ by coaxing me to go to the movies. I was reluctant, because I had my ‘trauma’ all ready of movies. I’d already seen various films. I hate how the theatres on how loud and blaring it is. I always made excuses to her, not wanting to go. It was the same with my parents—they all want me to deal with it. In this middle school, my class did a dumb, irksome, and sugar coated song. I did a solo of a cover son. I regret it later, guilty for being selfish. In this stupid school was purgatory. They had these small rooms, there was nothing but a desk and a chair. They would put kids in there if they had a meltdown or if you want to be by yourself. At the start, I didn’t mind but then I felt lonely and wanted to talk to someone however no one didn’t want to talk to me or acknowledge.


Depressed and angry as I blame myself for all the people I hurt; I started cutting my hair. I know, I know, it’s weird. But it was better than mutilating my arm and leaving bloody gashes across my wrists. My parents were overwhelmed and furious, so I had to go to a hair salon to get it properly cut. Anytime I’d got in trouble, I cut my hair all over again. My parents thought I was doing this for attention, but in truth I wasn’t trying to get attention. All I was doing was repenting, weird huh? But then again, I didn’t know what repentance looked like, doesn’t prophets fast for days and pray to God? Yeah, that wasn’t too good for me. I did not know why I cut my hair but then I found the answer, it was not cool yet it was better than slitting my wrists. And taking that awful medication, it made me over-weighted and hungry all the time. One time, my dad picked me up from school as he surprised me with French Fries. I was so starving but despite the medication, I ate so fast. My father gently scolded me to not to eat so fast. I tried, I really did, but I couldn't help it. He told me a second time to not eat so fast. I really wasn't playing, I was trying but that stupid medication was making me scarf it down faster. Then, my father had to go and open that big cake hole mouth of his, "STOP STUFFING YOURSELF,  FAT ASS!!!!" I stopped eating the fries, I was shocked over what he yelled at me. I didn't know whenever to cry or lash back but I felt like I'd been stabbed in the heart. 

I went to another school eventually. Thinking I would find a safe haven, but yet again another disaster occurred. In the beginning, I made some friends and the teachers were nice at first and met my first crush. But slowly, I became a bullied victim around the ages of 13 to 14. It was one hell of a nightmare. The more different I was, boys targeted me for my writing. I was a ‘plagiarist songwriter’ (though I didn’t realize that I was copy-writing other songs that I love it but in reality, I didn’t know how to create my own songs). It was the unwanted attention that the bullies were attracted to me, they always asked me constantly ‘What’cha writing about?’ They laugh at me, pick on me. And they knew I was afraid of balls (No! Not a man’s balls but basketballs were the ones that I feared.) as they threatened to throw one, I cowered in fear and they laughed as they walk away from me. Jerks! One of the bullies was a black mane curly haired teen boy who pesters me. He was short, he was Spanish but he was white skinned. He one time flashed his butt at me. In my general direction. Yup, genius. Nice of you to flash your ass towards a lady bro. I should’ve kicked it. What a screw ball school it was! Anyway, moving on. I befriend some girls, who talked to me. They want to get to know me, they were rude and interrupted by ranting. But then, one of them betrayed me by spreading an awful, untrue rumor. Saying I was writing a song about a boy I like but it wasn’t true and thought every thing almost was a joke to her. Jerk off. My songs were about crushes on anime boys. I didn’t want to tell, I could some people didn’t know what anime was. 


But some found out about my love for anime and made fun of me. Well, actually I was bored and researched on Pokemon and my teacher humilated me. Then my friends teased  me in a horrible manner. They weren't true friends, they didn't get me and I stopped hanging out with them. The teachers and staff, they weren’t helpful, this stupid school wasn’t programmed to stop the bullies. One of my teachers was an old and cranky man. I once beg him about the bullies but he was flat out ignoring me as well as having cotton balls in his ears. Another teacher was a guy who made dumb, sarcastic, and personal jokes about intimacy. Some people laughed, me? It was too much! Bastard. I hated this school, I was sick of it. I always fake sick and sometimes I have to stay home.


Ace was shocked of this, he put it down after bookmarking it. He went to the kitchen to get himself iced tea and then went back to continue reading.

In the summer; I went to a job program and landed myself in an outlet in the mall. I met this nice, black skinned woman who was my mentor. At my first job; I worked in the back of the store. I took clothes which were in packages, put price tags on them, and hang up the clothes nicely. Then the guys, who also worked alongside me, came to take the clothes on the wheeled railed thing where we hang the clothes. To me, it felt great to finally work at a place. There were some good times there, like going to lunch on breaks or joking a little. But we managed to get stuff done. In time, we were assigned to work in the store. Y'know, organize clothes that were hanging up, some things that need organizing. That was my favorite part of the job. I worked from June, July, until August. We were given an award, each of us. A paper certificate. And offered cake, one chocolate and one vanilla. It felt so good to be awarded for something you accomplished. Remember that black skinned woman who was mentoring us a little? Well, she became my teacher. I made the suggestion, I felt bad for her because she said she was having a hard time finding a job so I said that my school was looking for some teachers and I guess that's what happened. In time when she became my teacher; but over this year I was misbehaving and got on her bad side. She thought I didn't have the Lord within me. She wanted to take me to church but that wasn't it. She just didn't understand. My behavior worsened as I one time escaped home and walked blocks from there. Mother and Axel found me, I tried to apologize but I knew it was too late. My stuff was taken, I yelled at my own mother, I got hit repeatedly but I knew I deserved it. I was making such a hissy fit that the police woman came and I managed to calm down. Knowing my behavior was getting stronger; I was assigned to take TKD classes after school. I didn't want to but I knew I had to get some help. Being in the TaeKwon-Do center for after schools for me, it wasn't so bad at first but then as time progressed, I begin to hate it. The boys didn't acknowledge my existance. The girls were really prissy, dramatic, and mean to me. And all of them were like little kindergartners to sixth graders. 

Some got in trouble and got really upset. Some were brats who pestered me, it was one heck of a nightmare. I didn't say anything to my mother because she wouldn't think of taking me out. I myself was afraid to leave for I'd be my bad self again and had to remember to have self control. My TKD instructor was never there a lot, he had always leave to do some errands while the kids acted crazy and someone had to watch them. It was the loudest place on the planet. I hated it, I always called Mom, made an excuse of saying I didn't feel well. I didn't want to train here or any where else anymore. I simply hated this. By the end of the year, I didn't take TaeKwon-Do after school classes anymore--which that was a relief for me. And that black skinned female teacher of mine wasn't my teacher anymore so I had a new one. I wasn't relieved that she was gone, she had to find another job but in the end, I didn't bad-mouthed about her. She taught me a few things. Even though sometimes she was harsh and a little bit wicked and misunderstood on my auditory sensitives; I'm not angry with her however I hope she understands someday. My new teacher was much more understanding than the other. She always knew and was very caring of me. That puts an end of my story. The others...They think I'm weird. But I don't want to be....I just want to be accepted as I am. As a whole person and just want to achieve in life. I wrote this poem, to express my way of acceptance. I just want to be special, it's better than being normal. I just want to be loved, it's better than being hated. I just want to have friends, it's better than being alone. I just want to be bad ass, it's better than being weak. 

Ace is stunt by this, he just closed the book and try to process of what was going on. Ophelia was singing because she longed for compassionate and understanding; even acceptance. Now, he knows what exactly is going on. After completing the rest of her work; Ariadne is taking a bath alone. She kept thinking about her feelings to resolve them would cause some confusion of whether the relationship should be saved or stuck out. However, this is nothing new: visions of them being together and happy, all of the moments that they had together are what she wants. And she's thinking about what could've been. She knew this was it, it was all going to change, and she began to have absent minded second thoughts about whether this will all go to plan. She pretended to get what she wanted to be happy. But mentors and other people have doubted her unrealistic ambitious dreams, telling her that would never happen. "Is it OK to live in an average life? Do you need to pretend you are something you’re not? Will I get my chance of wed to Captain Krieger? Do I have the power in my hands? If he needs me; I will be there....All the time. In a frequent manner......I’ll be there when needed." She thought. Then she realize what she was thinking and shake her head. "What am I saying? He's not the object of my affection, he's my friend." Ariadne muttered, she sank underneath the bath water. Afterwards; Ariadne and Siegfried were working but Ariadne then stops him with a question: "Can I ask you something?" asked Ariadne, stopping Siegfried. Siegfried looked at her curiously underneath her stoic gaze. "What is it?" He asked. 

Ariadne looked hesitantly, then she said. "You were interested in my training, would you like to spar me in it? Although, you need to be without a top because things are going to get...wet." Siegfried wasn't sure about this, "I don't know..." He said. "You said you would one time." said Ariadne. Siegfried was calm but he sounded desperate to get out this with his pathetic excuses, "I have to take care of the other works." He exclaimed. "You got everyone and you trusted my sister." reminded Ariadne. Siegfried looked annoyed, "Right..." He finally sighed out. Then he looked at her with slight nervousness, "...But, you're not going to be topless." He said. Ariadne replied, "To be totally honest, I wear bandeau tops and pants. That's about as naked as I'll ever get." Siegfried shake his head, he looked away thinking. Ariadne waited for his response. Siegfried couldn't believe this but he said: "Not taking off all my clothes." Ariadne smiled, "No, topless. That's fun." She said. "Bandeau, huh. 'That's about as naked as I'll ever get.'" remarked Siegfried, "This should be interested." Ariadne flushed, she looked at him with a grin. Meanwhile in the stall room; Siegfried was waiting for Ariadne, he tapped his foot a little but he still waited. He was being patient and not wondering what Ariadne was doing. "I'm not looking you know." Siegfried called out. "I know, I trust you."  replied Ariadne. 

There was a bit of shuffling and Ariadne muttered, "OK." She stepped out as she said, "So, what do you think?" Siegfried was surprised--despite his serene looking--to see Ariadne in a garment made of a strip of cloth that wraps around a woman's breasts. "That's a bandeau?" He inquired. Ariadne gave him a look, "You never seen one before?" She asked. "Modesty is everything to soldiers." answered Siegfried. Ariadne nodded, thinking about it. "True." She said. Siegfried got up and took off his coat, "My turn." He was about to go in the stall but glares back at Ariadne and said in a cold voice: "No peeking." Ariadne blushed, she turned away. "I'm not." She called. She turned away and heard small shufflig as she waited, and waited. And waited. But she was eager to know what did his body look like, Ariadne was itching to know. "Don't look, don't look, don't look, don't look, don't look, Don't look!" She thought. There was one more shuffling and then Siegfried's voice was quiet sounding but he sound like he called out, "Done." Ariadne sighed, "Finally, it's about ti--Whoa!" She cried. Talk about a washboard abs chest; this guy's got pectorals with lean muscular arms to match. A six pack, crazy for any girl to want to have some. "Dude, and I thought you might be scrawny." said Ariadne. "I do push ups and sit ups." replied Siegfried. "Shoot me now." muttered Ariadne. "Sorry?" asked Siegfried, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Nothing. Come on, let's go." During the training; Siegfried was fast but so was Ariadne's powers which was a lot more faster than hers. She couldn't believe this, she and Siegfried were going at the same speed during the fight. Ariadne was flushed with this thought that she couldn't believe. During that time; Ariadne was so close to Siegfried that she could smell the scent of the captain. He smelled so amazing of soap, flowers, cedar, and musk. "Wow, his scent is mouthwatering." thought Ariadne, breathlessly. But she had to focus, he's coming! 

The next minute, Siegfried Krieger was on top of Ariadne, he was on top of her! Ariadne couldn't move, she couldn't breathe but then Siegfried's soft but rough whisper brushed against her face, "Gotcha." He said. Ariadne swooned from that. When she awoke, Siegfried has his uniform top back on as he helped Ariadne to her feet. "Nice work." praised Siegfried. "That was fun, indeed." agreed Ariadne. She got her top on and smile at the stoic Siegfried who didn't smile back however he nodded. Then, Ariadne waved and left in a jiffy; blushing like a maniac. Later on, Ariadne was thinking of memories of Siegfried Krieger: Captain Krieger and others cadets are under attack by the Revenants. But lately, they were struggling against them and things weren't going too well. That was about to change when someone looked up and saw something in the distance. "Look, up there!" One of the soldiers called. Immediately, Captain Krieger saw someone standing on a mountain top. It was Ariadne, which she hollers: "Soldiers, heed my words, I am here to delivery you from the hands of the Revenants. Witness a miracle I will perform."  The others looked at each other with confusion, Captain Krieger watched what she can do. Ariadne took a deep breath and flexed her hands out. She then said to herself, "Water....my friend...my partner...my world...my element...the only thing I ask for you...is for a little control." All of a sudden; to everyone was shocked to see a body of water in the sky. Then, the water came onto the Revenants and drowned them. Ariadne then said to the water, "Water flowing through...." She chanted, ".....Freeze up when this spell is through." The water turns into a huge block of ice prison for the creatures. Then she glided down and kicked the ice block, which exploded in pieces. Ariadne landed among the pieces, she saluted. "Ariadne Sirius, reporting for duty." She announced. She beamed and then looked to see Captain Krieger looking at her. "Captain Siegfried Krieger. Nice to meet you." He said finally. There was a memory that she remembered: "You will assemble full tilt and without a sound." He said, loosening his white collar underneath his uniform. Ariadne looked at him with wide eyes, he looked almost dashing but she too went stone faced.

And the time on how the Captain helped her: Ariadne and the others dodged his attacks when Ariadne was separated from them until she was held hostage by Perseus Aion. Zachariah threatened to kill her, however he was unaware that stoic Captain Krieger. He apprehended Perseus, and rescued Ariadne. Perseus tried to stab Krieger, who wrestled the knife away but with so much strength, he stabbed Perseus on accident, much to everyone's shock. In his fear; Zachariah got away, but Ariadne didn't want to leave until she found Zachariah. "Why?" Krieger asked. "You saw what he tried to do, I will not..." Ariadne said. "What? An eye for an eye? Fight fire with fire? Is that it?" Krieger asked. Ariadne chuckled darkly with no humor and said, "That's the thing...You forget, you don't know anything about me." "I am not going to let you go after him by yourself." said Krieger. "Oh really?" Ariadne said, unleashing her powers. "Captain Krieger, what are you going to do to stop me?" Calmly, Krieger walked over and put his hands on her shoulders. Ariadne gasped, but she heard him say: "Nothing. Because I'm going to help you do it." Ariadne trembled, "You'd do that...For me?" She asked. Then, her emotions got the best of her and she embraced Krieger tightly but he didn't care, all that matters he was going to help her. He caressed her hair in a comfort manner. "Thank you, thank you!" blubbered Ariadne. She wiped her face and pulled herself together. Smiling and having tears in her eyes; Ariadne remembered that but there was something that has been gnawing in the back of her mind and has another flashback: "You don't know what the dangers lie ahead no matter where we go." said Siegfried. Ariadne turns around and approached him. She said to Siegfried, "You've been to many more domiciles than me so you think that you know more about people like me than I do myself. We all have particular expertise pertinent to our conduct and standpoint. Being outside of our element can reduce us to a state of simplicity." She said. Ariadne walked ahead as Siegfried followed her in curiosity although he looked stoic still underneath all that. 

Ariadne looked back at him, she was smiling. "I can take you on a journey!" She said to him, then she turned to a beautiful scenario of places from below. "The world you don’t know exists is more beautiful than you can imagine. You’ve lived your whole life letting your expectations motivate your actions; are you ready to be impulsive?" Ariadne asked while taking his hand, Siegfried took it and looked at it. Ariadne smiles as she showed Siegfried more while saying, "I can be your guide through a new realm. A way of seeing the world that was once unattainable. Forbidden. The truly free recognize no authority, no masters holding leashes." She said while twirling with happiness. Then, Ariadne leans over at Siegfried, her forehead touches his and they were looking at each other's eyes again. "Free to live as we chose and the only real limitations are those you impose upon yourself." She breathed, her breath smelled of peppermint. It was intoxicating as it seems. Ariadne pulled away for a moment and she glance back at him. Siegfried thought for a moment, "I had thought life was what and how I viewed it but now I realize that....there is so much more. I'm having a change of heart with the new heights I've reached. I'm seeing things from a different, more clear perspective." He said. "You can own everything there is to have in the world, but you’ll never be happy and understand it until you can put away with the greed and selfishness." said Ariadne.

Ariadne couldn't comprehend but somehow, she didn't know if this was possible but could she be falling for Captain Siegfried Krieger? 

No comments:

Post a Comment