Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 14, 2014

KatDon Entry: Career in Anime, Dreams for my Light Novels

Hi guys, this is Katherine Donovan and I want to share with you a dream that I have. I know you must be wondering my plans are but really, I have a dream that I have and always wanted. So, take a look and see what I have to say but please don't laugh; it's something I've always wanted. 

My biggest accomplishment in publishing my light novels is that (I haven't found an artist for my manga art yet but I have not given up) I only wish for Viz Media or Funimation--or both--to maybe make light novels and mangas like I do. I think I write good stories, sure there's dark themes but there's a message behind them. Spittoon for example is about how people with autism are being mistreated and told what to do, to blend in with others when they cannot. And Uranometria, is about breaking free from the troubles that they've been through and facing their fears. These stories have a powerful meaning behind it all, some parts in my stories are based off things I went through like child abuse, witnessing the abuse my mother suffered from my father, stuff I've been through, and my hypersensitivities to loud noises that I still suffer today. 

You guys might think, some of you I mean, that no anime is based off a light novel. But I have proof of one: There was an anime based off a light novel called Shangri-La. There are other animes out there that aren't always from mangas but light novels. Yes, I am American but I learned something. You don't have to be born in Japan to create your own manga, anime, or light novel. Anyone from around the world can create their project, they can watch anime no matter if they are white, copper, or dark skin. As I stated before, anyone can love anime no matter what. It's a beautiful thing and I don't want to make such prejudicial things but I'm just saying; some people can say that you can't have your own light novel publish if you are from America. But I'm willing to fight the impossible. I can follow my dream, what about you? 

Thank you for reading this (Sorry about the long lecture) and I hope this helps you in a way. 
Gracias, bon voyage! See you next time. 

Katherine Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment