Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spittoon: Bulletproof Titanium--Chapter 4

Another chapter of Bulletproof Titanium; there is theme of atonement, friendship, and lots more. I hope you guys like it, I hope I have more romance ideas soon for the next chapter. Thank you so much for your support you guys. Love you all! --KatDon

Chapter 4: Shatter Me

"This is a job you're offering me? To work with Osiris?!" Atlas couldn't believe what he was hearing, he was assigned to work with Osiris. This has to be a joke right? No way in hell was he was going to work with him. Tamsin assured her calmly, "Don't worry, Karina is coming along so it's just the four of us." He said. "Four!?" Atlas almost shrieked. "Are you kidding me? I can't do this!" "Yes, you can." encouraged Tamsin. "No, I can't!" argued Atlas. "Yes. You. Can." Tamsin said. Atlas looked at Mimir, who waited patiently. Atlas will not admit it, he won't. He cannot, he doesn't want to. But alas, he has no choice. Taking a deep breath; Atlas finally said it: "I'll do it!" Tamsin smiled, "That's the spirit!" She said with enthusiasm. A few hours later, crash landing as Osiris and Atlas survive. "Dammit, we must have got lost in that catastrophe." groaned Osiris. Earlier, they had landed after they argued so much and Tamsin, as well as Karina was trying to stop them. Atlas glared at him and said, "It's your fault." Osiris looked at him with disbelief, "My fault? Hey, I'm not the reckless one here!" He countered. "Well, you should've listen to her!" Atlas said. "Bastard." Osiris muttered. "Ass." Atlas mumbled. Osiris looked around as he asked, "Where are we?" Atlas looked too as he replied, "I don't know." 

They looked like they were in an abandoned village but while looking around, there was a forest among the village. "Let's head into the woods." said Atlas, he started up the path but Osiris stopped him. "Hold on, the woods are dark and split up a lot so we could get lost."  He said. Atlas rolled his eyes. "Oh come on, we can go through here. What are you, chicken?" snapped Atlas. Osiris glared at him, "I'm not, I'm coming." So they entered the woods. Osiris was right, the woods did split up a couple times and they were going back in the same directions several minutes later. "This is infuriating!" Osiris cried. Atlas looked at him and said, "Hey, we're just a little lost OK?" Osiris couldn't take this anymore, "A LITTLE LOST?! A LITTLE LOST?! WE ARE NOT JUST 'A LITTLE LOST' HERE, ATLAS!!!!" He cried. "YEAH WE ARE!!!!" Atlas shouted. "NO, WE'RE REALLY LOST AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!!!!" yelled Osiris. "STOP YELLING AT ME!!!!" screamed Atlas. He turned away, only to see there was something in the core of the woods. Was it his imagination? A mirage? He rubbed his eyes however it was no illusion. "Look, there's a house!" Atlas cried, pointing over. "Are you serious?" Osiris asked. "Come on, let's go!" Atlas said. "For once, you might as well as save my life." admitted Osiris. The two boys ran to the door and knocked on it. "Hello? Is anybody home?" They called. 

They meet a young girl who seems kind and cares for them but she turns out to be a sadist as she tortures the boys in various experiments, making Atlas into a tall yet muscular humanoid giant known as a Titan. A Jotnar kind. And Osiris became a vampiric creature of a ghoul. She scarred them psychologically and makes them go insane. It work as Atlas and Osiris took their rage out on her; killing the sadist girl. They escaped as they reunite with Tamsin and Karina, who were horrified at first until Atlas and Osiris turned back to human. "Guys, what happened to you two?" Tamsin asked. "Oh, Tam...sin...." Atlas choked out. "Tam...my...." Osiris rasped. They both hugged Tamsin but Karina hugs Osiris and the four them wept. But trouble occurs as it was payback time. During the battle against these creatures; The strange female group were in the distance, babbling lyrically to themselves. But when they heard the commotion, they charge over to beat their skulls but one of them let out a sonic scream. It was so loud that Karina screamed in terror as she try to plug in her ears, she fell to the ground and begin to whimper. "Karina!" Tamsin cried, rushing over to her. "Aaah, the noise....." whimpered Karina. She remembered the laughter, the loud voices of her parents. "Shhh, shhhh. It's OK. It's all right. I'm here, just try to listen to the sound of my voice." said Tamsin in a soothing voice while her hands caressed her head. Karina begin counting softly to herself, "21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, .9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4....3.....2....1." "Good, good...You're doing good, it's over." said Tamsin, comfortingly. "I'm OK." Karina replied timidly. "Can you stand?" asked Tamsin. "I feel dazed..." Karina whispered. "All right, try standing up." muttered Tamsin. Slowly and steady, Karina got up as she removed her hands from her ears. "You OK?" asked Tamsin. Karina bored her eyes into her face, "Yes...." She said. Tamsin nodded, "Good." She said.

Deep in some sort of secret place; Karina is printing out pictures of Osiris. Everyone from the new-coming recruits to the original teammates. Karina kept them all these photos in tribute collages and under lock & key! Realizing what time it is, she stored it away, locked the key, and hurried back. Osiris looked at her. "Are you OK?"  He asked. Karina laughs nervously. "Nah. Nothin' wrong with me." She claims. Karina looked at him with a suspicious look, this guy was making her uncomfortable so she decides to approach this more gently. "I--Um, I just thought those moves were pr--pretty cool." He said. Osiris grew more suspicious of the boy's behavior. "What's wrong?" Osiris asked. "Just--c--cold!"  Karina stammered. Osiris placed an arm around his neck and pulled him towards him. Karina blushed, nervous as she was when she stared at the good looking fellow. Osiris seem irritated, "You're hiding something all right, and I really am annoyed at how much of a damn priss you are and being all mysterious." He said. Karina begin to look huffy, "Well, it shouldn't be my problem that other people cannot seem to agree with me. Hell! It's my life if I should be allow to live as I see fit. More than the usual need to succeed. It is not nobody else's business to tell me what I want to do. People have been judging me, discussing about my problems in an irrelevant manner. I warn them to not be concerning around me of what I do. I can handle this on my own, without criticism." She ranted. "Argghh, do you ever shut up? I mean, what do you want out of life? You might as well as been unnoticed and just pretend you're all that when you're not!" Osiris demanded. 

Karina was quiet before turning to him with sad, doe-like eyes. "Is having an unnoticed life okay with you?" She asked. "Wha--What?" Osiris questioned, his face softened at her ingenue self. Karina move away from his embrace and looked at him, "Do I need to pretend I am something that I'm not? Do I need to pose to all the people who have ever doubted me? Once all your dreams come true and you get the fame you desired, you’re left alone with your riches, totally unfulfilled." She said. Karina looked down and said, "I feel so empty; no matter how far I'll go, I'm not satisfied. I'm always searching for more and wondering why I can't be happy with what I have. I feel that I've been given a fair trade." She looks up smiling a little, "A girl's life is not as wonderful as  she imagines, I believe it's stereotypical. It's exaggerating with romance and passion so fame is blamed. Let's be real, This is a place that everyone wants to be in right? I am so obsessed with it. How could I? It's so glamorous here!" Karina squealed, "How amazing! How many wonderful creatures there are here! Mankind is so beautiful! Oh, what a wonderful new world, that has such people in it!" Osiris glanced at her, "It’s new to you." He remarked. "Oh yeah!" agreed Karina, she then begin to giggle insanely. Later, Karina was alone at night as she paced around angrily. Osiris couldn't help to listen, he wasn't the one to eavesdrop but he wanted to know what the heck was wrong with her. 

He listened to hear her rants to herself: "...Bullshit, absolute shit. He doesn't know any damn thing about me. It's just like with Dad...Why? I can't have any guys like him thinking that I can blend in with ther rest when I can't..." He gave himself away as Karina saw him with wide eyes. A few minutes later, Karina and Osiris were sitting away from each other awkwardly. They didn't spoke for awhile, and Osiris was afraid to piss her off again. He decides to break the silence. "Soooo, you OK?" asked Osiris. Karina whipped her hair, she leaned over at him as she looked viciously angry, "Do not. Tell. Anyone!" warned Karina. Osiris backed away as he looked over at her. "Please, if you say one word to anyone; I'll friggin' kill you." threatened Karina. Osiris looked at her, she was serious. Her eyes were red from crying as it seems. She looked tired and all wrenched up from stress. Osiris sighed and said, "All right, I won't...Can I ask you about what you said the other night?" Karina looked at him but she covered her mouth with her hand as if she was going to be sick. "Oh my--!" She turned away as her hands clutched on the rail. Karina was silent for a moment before she gasped out, "You heard all that too?" Osiris looked at her with regret, "Um, yeah. Sorry, I'll shut up about everything about it."  He said. "I don't know if I'm even normal." Karina mumbled. Osiris looked at her, "Really?" He sounded surprised. Karina nodded, "Yeah, I have strange powers. And I'm afraid that I'm not the most normal person as you can tell." She explained. 


Karina wipes her tears away but Osiris outstretches his hand as Karina is shocked that her dream, that she once had, actually came true! Dazed with this change of heart; Karina quivers, while reluctantly and flummoxed of this, takes Osiris's hand as she stands up on her feet. She walks with him as she wonders why is he being so nice after what he been through before with her and Tamsin. Karina is seen talking to Osiris and his crew as she is misunderstood about why does he's being so nice. Osiris says that he knows what's it is like to be crestfallen because he was one a long time ago before he pulls out a CD. Smiling with heartrending tears in her eyes after taking the soundtrack; Karina chokes out that 'nice guys shouldn't get their heart broken' and embraces him. Karina is spending time with Osiris, who seems to be curious. When Osiris saw Karina standing there smiling awkwardly, he glared at her dubiously. “What?” Osiris asked. Karina felt really stupid as she didn't know what to say so Osiris smirked at her, “Pfft, speechless, Cute.” He said, as he strolled away. Karina is stunned but she runs over to him and stops him. “Loon? Now wait just a minute! I wasn’t ready, I was fashioning on being funny and cute but I totally blew it. Can I have a second chance? Please?” She asked with pleading eyes. Osiris looked at her and he seemed to smile a little. Karina felt her heart beating, “Score one, for the girl!” She thought happily.

Meanwhile; 17 year old Skadi Azazel screams and wakes up to the sunrise, relieved that it was all a dream. And she was in the the bedlam house. Poor Skadi. She's lost her grip on sanity. She's stark raving mad. This was no hospital paradise, no sleek modern psychiatric facility with freshly-washed sheets. No nice nurses or friendly doctors. There was nothing she could do. Long ago; Twelve year old Skadi lived a happy life with her sisters. But that all changed when they decided to go see the new movie flick. During the middle of the best part of the movie, A man entered with a gun as he begins shooting everyone, however he hears the cops coming and flee. Only 57 people were injured while 12 are dead, among the dead is Skadi's loving sisters. Skadi was traumatized as she vowed to find the person that did this to her sisters, they will pay dearly. But she discovers something from her father, Dictys, who claims that he is not her biological father. He explains that she is the daughter of an abusive man. The reason why Dictys is telling her this is because he had heard that he was going to be killed by Conomar the Butcher as he claims he has not much longer to live. Skadi begins to panic, she grabs him and said, "NOOOO, NOT YOU! I'M NOT LOSING YOU LIKE I LOST MY SISTERS--I'M NOT LOSING YOU!!!!" But there was a sinister laugh. There he was, Conomar the Butcher. He looked like hell with his red pupils and black sclera, which they were wide. His hair was dark gray. He had the most horrifying smile anyone has ever seen. His grin was wide and demonic, it literally stretched to the sides of his face.


Skadi was so shocked that she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Dictys gripped her shoulders tightly, "Listen to me, Skadi!" He commanded. Skadi was shaken with fear by the sight of this guy, "Dad, I--I--I can't." She said with her sentences full of stuttering. Gildas pushed her away and cried out, "Just run, Skadi! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! GO AS FAST AS YOU CAN! GOOOOOOO!!!!" Skadi ran but she stopped to turn around and saw Dictys's body, his entrails were gouged out. Dictys has been stabbed and he fell down. Conomar looked at Skadi, he grinned widely as the shocked Skadi ran away safely from him. Once she got to a safe haven, Skadi begin to cry. "Why....Why is this happening?" And cried hysterically while shouting, "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?!" Skadi couldn't take it anymore with the shock therapy, the bloodletting from leeches, and other horrible experiments. She fights back, and the nurses tried to restrained her however something inside Skadi was burst out from her. Once the bottle of her superpowers is opened, it can't be sealed again. Later; Skadi is sitting on the ground, she slowly begins to stand up and makes her way through the deserted hallway. Skadi then sees a nurse in a room who's stricken with fear and closes the door, realizing that she is the cause of the damage. As Skadi makes her way outside the school building, a police car arrives and the teacher rushes outside to tell the policeman about Skadi, who then quickly rides a bicycle home to pack her things.


While at home, she sees a news report about the incident, causing her to quickly gather her things to flee. Several policemen then appear outside the front door of Skadi's house, while she tries to escape through the back door. Skadi realizes that the door is locked so she uses her powers to grab the keys from the kitchen bench. The policemen then enter the house to find that Skadi is gone. Skadi running away from a team  who has been hunting her in the woods. Skadi is caught by one of the men who pushes her to the ground. Skadi uses her supernatural powers once again to push the men away in a burst of power. A few weeks later; Skadi sat on a rock, her face buried as she hugged her knees. Someone reached over and touched the girl, asking: "Are you OK?" The girl looked up startled, glaring when she saw who it was, Varuna looked at her with concern. "What do you want?" demanded Skadi. "I heard you crying, and I came to see if you were OK." explained Varuna. Skadi sniffed, "I'm OK. I'm just stress, that's all. Why do you care?" She snapped. "Don't be that way, are you sure you're all right?" said Varuna. "Yeah, I--I am." said Skadi, sobbing a little. "What's your name? Can you at least tell me that?" Ariadne inquired gently. "Skadi." replied Skadi but she turned around and looked scared, "No..It's him." She whispered. "What?" asked Varuna. "NOOOO, NOT ME!!! NOT ME!!!" cried Skadi. Then she ran away quickly, Varuna ran after her! While running, her nose begin to bleed and managed to find Odin's Stallion. "Augh! Hey, watch--" Janus started to speak, but stopped when he saw Skadi there. "Oh, sorry." He quickly apologized. "Are you OK? You look like you're panicking like hell." "I--I---I'm bleeding. Help me, please." Skadi begged, stammering as she gestures towards her blood stained shirt. Janus's eyes bulged in terror but he looked calm at her. "Don't panic, here. Let's find something to stop..." He said to her as he looked around, Skadi clutched at his shirt and said, "I don't want to bleed to death." 

"Don't worry. You're not, easy there. Freaking out will make it bleed more than it already is now, all right?" He said as Skadi looked up and gasped. A zombie-like of Janus had a grin that showed his sharp teeth and chuckling at her. "What's the matter? It's just a nosebleed, just plug it up!" "Stay away from me, stay away from me!" Skadi screamed but she is surrounded by other people who looked demonic and undead. Skadi backs away in horror, she then stumbles as she heard a zombie taunting in a satanic voice, "Bleeding to death? Your time has come. You sweet, little, fidget girl!" Skadi backs away on the floor as they were closing in on her. Then, the demonic zombies chanting: "Die, die, die!" Skadi panted, gasping. This was too frightening for her. It was like hell, there was no escape from here. "Help me, help me! Please! AUGH!!!!" She screeched. Clutching her head as she cowers away from the zombies, who continued to jeer and laugh. In reality; The others are concerned at the hysterical Skadi. "Is she OK?" Chandra asked. "She looks scared." replied Mary. "Somebody--Get a doctor!" called Etain. Justice became annoyed with all the noise and he stormed out, "What the hell is going on?" He demanded. "She's having a nosebleed!" cried Chandra. Annoyed; Justice marched over and screamed at the hysterical Skadi, "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" But Skadi screamed so Justice slapped her hard. Skadi was in shock and begin to cry, Varuna turned to his friend. "Hey, Justice." He said. Everyone turned to glare at him, Justice noticed. "What? It's just blood." He said. Tamsin, who was with her, came over to him and said, "She just went through a terrible vision." Justice looked shocked, "What?" Thoth glared at him, "Idiot! What's your problem?" He asked. Skadi glared angrily through her tears at Justice, who looked really shocked and walked away. 

Later, Justice still felt guilty about earlier. He couldn't come out to face the others so Varuna went to comfort him. He sat beside him, Justice was really broke down. "I'm such an asshole." He said. "It's OK." said Varuna. "You were right, I was a snarky jerk. How could I? I can't believe it." replied Justice. "It's OK, Justice..." Varuna started to say but Justice cried, "IT'S NOT OK!!!!" He was covering his face with his hand as he sobbed quietly. Varuna could only patted his friend's back in comfort, he could hear Justice's muffled sobs: "What have I done? What have I done?"  One day, Varuna saw Skadi working but she was crying emotionally. She looked like she was in distress, in such pain. This broke Varuna's heart; she felt so bad for her. Perhaps she doesn't know her that well but she hates to see people so sad. Something must be done, that's when he had an idea! She ran to find Justice, and she found him working. "Justice!" Varuna called out, Justice saw his friend walked over to him, "Hey Varuna." He greeted. When Varuna came over to him, he asked: "Can I ask you a favor?" Justice looks at him with suspicion. Varuna explained what was going on, Justice was shocked and then he said: "You want me to take Skadi out in the city for a 'date'?" Varuna nodded, "Mmm-hmm." He said. Justice was unsure, "I don't know, I....I can't bring myself to...." He said, with uncertainty. "Please, Justice! She is so sad. Think of it as an act of sympathy!" Varuna begged. Justice doesn't know what to say, "I..." "Please? C'mon, you feel bad for her." pleaded Varuna. Justice looked at her big doe eyes and sighed, "OK, I'll do it." He admitted. Varuna pumped her fists in the air, "Yes. Thank you, man." He patted his back and walked away. 

Skadi is reading a book on stress and emotional behavior when she felt someone by her side, she looked up startled to see Justice, "Hi." He said. Skadi closed her book, "Oh! Hi there." She said. Justice looks down at the book and asked, "What are you reading?" Skadi rolled her eyes, "It's just a stupid psychobabble book really." She said grumpily. Justice nodded, "Interesting." He said. But then he noticed Skadi looked depressed, "How are you?" asked Justice. "Fine...I think." Skadi admitted. They were silent for a moment, until Justice spoke: "You know, this world is very beautiful and the city looks great at night. I was wondering, would you like to go see it with me?" He asked. Skadi looked up in shock, "Pardon?" She asked. "I said, would you like to see the city with me? It'll be fine, it'll be just you and--" Justice said. Skadi felt her blood boil, "I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU! FORGET IT!" She said and got up to walk away. Justice ran after her, "Skadi, wait!" He called out. Skadi walked faster, she didn't dare look back. But felt a graze on her shoulder, "Wait!" Justice's voice said. Skadi whirled her head around, "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!" She shouted, she felt guilty when she saw Justice's face. "...I'm sorry, please don't try to trick me. I don't like being tricked!" begged Skadi. "I'm not trying to trick, really. I would never do that, honestly." Justice insisted. "Right....Sorry, I--I--I can't!" stuttered Skadi, she ran off in a hurry as she begin to cry. Justice sat alone, angry about what happened. "Great! What do I do now?" He thought. Varuna came up to him, "Well?" He asked eagerly. Justice  looked down, scared to disappoint him with an explanation; he admitted saying: "...I'm sorry...."


Once again, Skadi is approached by Justice while working one day. "Skadi." He said. Skadi cursed softly to herself, "What do you want? I told you, I do not want any intentions with anyone!" She said. Justice looked at her and said, "You're a broken person aren't you?" Skadi looked up, "What? W--Where did you hear that?!" She demanded. "Are you trying to hit on me? Flirt with me?" Justice looks at her, "I know what it's like. And back there, I really wasn't trying to lead you on. I know what it's like...to lose someone. I was a coward but I'm learning to be better y'know." He explained. Skadi was shocked by this, she never knew that! "I--" She was speechless. No words need to be said, He knew what it was like with her? "So, I want to ask again...Would you like to come with me and see the sights at night?" asked Justice. But then added, "You can if you want." Skadi was quiet however a faint smile appears, "OK. I like that." She admitted. Justice smiled, "I knew it. I'll pick you up at...eight?" He asked. "Yes, eight. That's perfect!" said Skadi with sudden enthusiasm. "Good. See you then." said Justice, and he went off. Skadi was excited, maybe some people here weren't so bad. Skadi and Justice were having a good time seeing the sights of the city however they ran into a drunk Conomar. "Well, well, look who it is. Skadi, you sure have good taste in men but how about in killing? Was it wonderful when you saw me killing your family? Shit, you were always a frigid little girl. And hell has come out." Conomar said, then he laughed like a hyena as he stumbled away. Skadi's happy nature faded and trembled while tears were pouring down her face. Justice turned to her, "Hey, what did he mean--?" But Skadi ran from him in anguish and shame. 

Now, Justice had been searching for her. He ran inside the abandoned place where he located, calling out: "Skadi!" He heard someone called back to him, "Go away!" However he ran in as he was shocked to see what Melisande is doing: Her ankle chained a rock and a monster was chained there beside her. There was explosives of dynamite on the rock being prepared. "What are you doing?" asked Justice, eyes filled with fear. "Making a statement." replied Skadi. "Skadi, whatever you think your doing, please don't do it." said Justice calmly. Skadi looked away from him, "Please, go away." She said darkly. "Let me help  you, Skadi." Justice coaxed, walking over to her carefully. Skadi begin to weep, "Why can't you people leave me alone?" She demanded through her sobs. Justice hold back his own tears, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you went through so much pain." He said. Skadi gave him a glare as she telepathically choke holds of him. Justice chokes and gasps for air. "Look at what you made me do, Justice!" Skadi sobbed. "Don't kill me, Skadi!" rasped Justice. "Why not? Haven't I been through enough?!" exclaimed Skadi, tears were splashing out from her eyes. She lets him go as she begins to cry, "Everything I knew was a lie. I saw my foster father killed in front of me as well as my adoptive sisters. I hate this, why? What was I? Was I loved enough?" She sobbed. Justice felt bad, "No. He was trying to protect you. He loved you but he was scared of what he found out. I learned who your father is and he's in prison for he used to be a cult leader and your mother already died from overdose. It's not easy and it sucks but you have to invite me in, OK?" He said. 

Skadi heard this as she couldn't believe it but remembered her father and sisters as she had to think of good times. Just then; A deranged Conomar held a knife. His hair was a mess and was bleeding from his hands. He panted and heaved, "I will not stop until I kill you, Skadi." yelled Conomar. "No!" She exclaimed. Skadi telekinetically seized him by the throat and pulls him toward her but she did it too far. Skadi and Justice watched as Conomar fell down to his death. Skadi couldn’t believe what she had done. "I killed him...I....AAAAAAAAHHHH!" She screamed hysterically, waving her hands frantically. Jack took her hands and speaking to her, "Skadi, hey...." When Skadi didn’t answered; Justice slapped her. Skadi stopped screaming, she slowly placed a hand on her cheek where she had been slapped. Skadi looked at him, "Justice..." She whispered. Justice sighed, "Sorry. Are you OK?" He asked. Skadi feebly shake her head. "Thanks for that…" She admitted. She embraced her new friend as she cried and cried. Until she fell asleep. Skadi lay down in bed, Having so much emotions as she could cry no more. So she fell asleep with a troubled mind, she dreamed that she rode on a hell-bound train. The engine with blood was red, And brilliantly brimstone lamp; An imp, for fuel, was shoveling bones, While the furnace rang with a thousand cries. The boiler was filled with lager; And an engineer. However when he turned around, it was Conomar. 

"Ha! Ha!" croaked Conomar, "we're nearing hell." Then Skadi shrieked with anguish, And begged of the Devil to stop the train!  Skadi awoke with an agonized sob, Her clothes drenched with sweat, her hair standing high; And she prayed as she never had prayed; And her prayers and her cries were not in selfishness, they were in truth of savior while Justice comfort her. Skadi could hear singing in her mind: "Somebody shine a light, I'm frozen by the fear in me. Somebody make me feel alive, And shatter me. So cut me from the line; Dizzy, spinning endlessly. Somebody make me feel alive, And shatter me!" There was a pause and then, "Shatter me!" A short pause. Then, the singing turned on, "Somebody make me feel alive, And shatter me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment