Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 18, 2014

Uranometria--Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Who's Laughing Now? 

Fire, fire was all around. Tears pooling and cascading down Cassandra's eyes as she was filled with rage. She faced the person that had destroyed her, murdered her school peers at the dance. Now, it was getting personal. No more Miss Sweet, she was pissed! And how did she became this way? Let's go back, back to the beginning.

Earlier before, in a cathedral.....

The girl made her way through the cathedral, away from the people praying. She walked down a column where candlesticks were aligned as well as lit up as the girl kept walking further. She walked by as shadows of people walking in a different direction from her. Unknown to her, the girl was being followed quietly by someone. No, more than one. Reaching the reflection of the stained glass's godly rays; the girl becomes emotional as she bent her knees to the floor where she prayed silently. She looked up to see a statue of Nova Maria in front of her with the child, Yehshua, in her arms. She placed her hands in a prayer and begin to beseech, "Forgive me, Lord...If you would be so kindly to listen when I request you to bear no malice towards me for what I've committed. Help me see my faults and self regards. Show me when I ask you if I had remained innocent as the lamb....Maybe I wouldn't be forced to kill so many victims to whom their blood is on my hands." Just then, she saw multiple shadows. The girl turned around, "No...You!" She gasped. Her telekinetic powers activated and were about to attack however Turan held up her hands, motioning the others who had their powers and weapons ready to stand down, saying to the girl: "Easy, easy. We just want to talk to you....Can we take this more privately?" "NO!" cried the girl. Her powers forced everyone back and she took off running. Turan was not going to let this girl escape. Never again. "Please! I swear, we will never hurt you!" Turan begged, coaxing her. "You can't take me there, I beg of you! Don't take me back there!" The girl shrieking, "Stay away, get out! Leave me alone! Don't come near me!" Her powers caused objects to float in the air, "Wait! Easy, you can't do---" Turan protested. However, The girl didn't listen so then Turan used her blood symbiotic powers and knocks her out. "You got her!" John cried. "Nice one." Nezha remarked. Turan sighed deeply, she looked over and said to the girl, "Sorry. But I want to help you...I don't know where to take you back to anyway." 

In the meantime; Ariadne got leads on where her sister is. She is being held at a facility of the 'insane females' so Ariadne and the others head over there but soon discover that it's tight with security and had to take down the guards with their abilities, which they did successfully. Ariadne seized one of the guards and demanded from him, "Where is Phaedra Sirius?" "I--I don't know!" He protested. "You better know, tell me!" cried Ariadne, clenching tighter and the guard grimaced in pain. "All right, all right....She's in Room 346." He choked out. "You sure?" asked Ariadne. "Yes! She has her medicine almost every day." protested the guard. Ariadne nodded, "All right. Thanks." She said. They did in time, a young woman was in the room and turned around. "Who are you?" She asked. "Phaedra, it's me. Ariadne." said Ariadne. The woman, Phaedra, was spellbound. "What? Aria, is that you?" asked Phaedra. Ariadne nodded, then they embraced each other in a tearful moment.  "I thought you were dead." said Phaedra, when she pulled away. "I thought you were dead." replied Ariadne. "I'm so glad to see you." said Phaedra, "You met my daughters, I assumed?" "Yes, they are gorgeous, angels." said Ariande. "Yes, I know. Ohhh..." said Phaedra. Just then, the guards came. “You there! You are on reserved terrain! Release your artillery and yield or we will use deadly dynamism.” said a soldier over the speakers. Ariadne unleashed her snake powers and she took down the guards. Then she straightened up and sneered, “Sorry, not happening!” called Ariadne. She and the other three ran off from the guards. 

Angry at this incompetence; Zachariah turned on the microphone for the speakers, “What the hell is happening down there? Guards, get off your posteriors and investigate! I’ll be in my chambers, don’t let those dragons show up here!” He commanded. Ariadne and the others were running from the guards when one of the guards made an announcement, “Warning! We are padlocking up on all zones immediately. Soldiers must—gah!” He is knocked out, he stumbles forward. Zachariah glares down at him and speak over the public address system, “Enough, you fool! Give heed, you basilisks. No one damages my territory like this. I foresee it was valued.” He declared. Just then, a flash of light shine upon the four of them, Ariadne gasped. “Well, well...If it isn't Ariadne Sirius. I found you now. You look fetching on monitor, alive. But you’ll be wholesome when I'm through with you!” Ariadne and the others dodged his attacks when Ariadne was separated from them until she was held hostage by Perseus Aion. Zachariah threatened to kill her, however he was unaware that stoic Captain Krieger. He apprehended Perseus, and rescued Ariadne. Perseus tried to stab Krieger, who wrestled the knife away but with so much strength, he stabbed Perseus on accident, much to everyone's shock. In his fear; Zachariah got away, but Ariadne didn't want to leave until she found Zachariah. "Why?" Krieger asked. "You saw what he tried to do, I will not..." Ariadne said. "What? An eye for an eye? Fight fire with fire? Is that it?" Krieger asked. Ariadne chuckled darkly with no humor and said, "That's the thing...You forget, you don't know anything about me." "I am not going to let you go after him by yourself." said Krieger. "Oh really?" Ariadne said, unleashing her powers. "Captain Krieger, what are you going to do to stop me?" 

Calmly, Krieger walked over and put his hands on her shoulders. Ariadne gasped, but she heard him say: "Nothing. Because I'm going to help you do it." Ariadne trembled, "You'd do that...For me?" She asked. Then, her emotions got the best of her and she embraced Krieger tightly but he didn't care, all that matters he was going to help her. He caressed her hair in a comfort manner. "Thank you, thank you!" blubbered Ariadne. She wiped her face and pulled herself together. There was a battle to be started. Ariadne and her crew confronted Zachariah. "So you came. I knew you've come." He said. "Why'd you do it, Zachariah?" asked Ariadne. Zachariah glared at her fiercely, "Why? Why? Because you people have no idea what it's like to be a loner. You think you're so great but you're not." He exclaimed. "You're wrong, I'd never been noticed before. I was all alone and nobody ever noticed me." Ariadne said. "Yeah, you know it feels huh? Well no loneliness from me, I was nothing to anyone and was the figure of ridiculed. All of us were. Ector. Orcus. All of them!" Zachariah cried. Ariadne looked at him with disbelief, "You started a massacre all because of being bullied?" She asked. "YEAH, SO WHAT?!" screamed Zachariah, waving his hands around as his eyes were bloodshot. "I HATED EVERYONE, I HATED THEM ALL!!!!" "Oh, Zachariah...I never knew...I didn't know." protested Ariadne. "Why didn't you get help?" asked Juana. "Oh sure, the principal said that these people weren't such bad people and didn't do a damn thing." He said. Captain Krieger attempt to take him down however Zachariah got the best of him and took him down. Upset, Ariadne confronted him. That's when Ariadne and Zachariah fought off against each other. But Ariadne got the best of him, Zachariah was pinned to the ground. "This is the end for you." said Ariadne. "Oh really? You weren't so sure of yourself? Well, it won't be peaceful for you for long." taunted Zachariah. "You are nothing, you couldn't be strong enough to save your peers in that massacre. You couldn't save your family when I killed them!" Ariadne shuttered, she couldn't believe it and she lost control of herself. 

She begin to stab him repeatedly while screaming hysterically. When she snapped out of it, Ariadne was shocked as she saw that her hands were dripping with blood. Ariadne begin to cry uncontrollably, "Di--di--di--Did I do that?" She spluttered out. She thought she lose conscious and Krieger placed his hands on her shoulders comfortingly. Cassandra woke up, she got out of bed and went to see who is shouting. She was curious, she looked out to hear. "C'mon Paul, where is your son?" demanded an unfamiliar voice. "Give him a break, he was abused by his own son!" Mimir said. Cassandra looks in, she saw a distressed man. Who was this guy? But she could see his memories and they all flash through her mind. This man....He knows.....He knows Ector Absalom. "He was my son!" Paul cried. "I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen! He--he said to me, 'Old man. you have no strength left in you.'" He begin to cry, Cassandra was furious. She barged into the interrogation room. She heaved a breath. Paul, and Mimir looked shocked. “You---You? You are Ector Absalom’s father?!” Cassandra yelled. The man cowered in fear, “Yes, I—I’m sorry, I am so sorry.” He whimpered. “You’re sorry? Why couldn’t you stop him? From killing my friends? What did they ever do to him?” screamed Cassandra. But she was restrained by Mimir and Brother 10, who keep her from hurting Mr. Absalom. “OK, OK. Easy.” Mimir chided. “He should be arrested for being his accomplice! Put the needle in his arm and punish him!” shouted Cassandra. She still ranted on and on, as Mimir and Brother 10 dragged her away. Later, Cassandra was hugging her knees as she looked away. “Cass?” Mimir asked. “What?” Cassandra mumbled, not looking at him. "I arranged an appointment with a psychiatrist." Mimir said carefully. "I don't want to talk to a shrink." Cassandra grumbled. Mimir sighed, "I know. But I want you to mentally sane and sound from what happen. Get things off your chest."Cassandra dropped her legs, flattened them. "Fine." She snapped. "Let's get this over with." And she gets up to follow Mimir. Cassandra was sitting on the opposite side of the psychiatrist’s office. “You know I don’t want to talk.” She finally said, breaking the silence. “I know, I’ll be here all day.” said the psychiatrist. Cassandra exhaled, “OK. Why is that guy here? He knows what his son did!” She said. “Did what?” asked the therapist. Cassandra rolled her eyes, “Noah Claude!” She said. “They guy that killed my best friends, all 12 of them! I had to graduate alone. My Grad Bash was supposed to be something to remember but now it’s a nightmare that I can’t look back. But it haunts me so much.” She put her face in her hands, “I think there is something wrong with me.” She dropped them and looked fatigue almost. "What's wrong, Cassandra?" The psychiatrist asked. Cassandra stared off into space dully, "My friends…they’re dead..." She said in a low monotone. "What else is wrong, Cassandra?" The therapist asked. "Something's shattered." Cassandra said dryly. The therapist looks at her curiously, "What's shattered, Cass?" He asked. Cassandra looks at him with anger in her eyes, "Me." She said. Then, a toy sitting on his shelf fell down and then a snow globe tumble down and broke. The psychiatrist was in shock by this and looks at Cassandra but she got up and left. Later; Cassandra, Jack, and Trygve are sent on a mission: Silver Branch receive reports of a girl name Jade Eastertide who had vanished and the only clue remains is rabbit footprints. Another about how an angry man slaughters rabbits, blood everywhere in the meadows. And lastly, another article shows that the angry man was found dead. His flesh was torn apart, he bleed of oozing wounds. They managed to find the factory where these 'undead rabbits' were hiding out. The three of them entered, only to find it was empty. 

"Hello? Anybody here?" called Cassandra. Just then, Trygve could hear a soft snuffling and then a small grunt. "Crap!" He rasped. The three of them stay hidden above, as someone--with something--slowly crept in. "Who....Is in....My house?" said the girl. She was about 17 years old with black hair and has light tan skin. She wore clothing that somehow are similar to rabbits but nothing made out of animals or any fur. She happily hopped in like a bunny but was followed by the undead rabbits. When Trygve saw this, he almost freaked out but was hand gagged by Jack. Cassandra watched the girl with disbelief. This was Jade Eastertide? Wow, she looks sane now, unlike her usual insane self from the vision dreams. She was being pleasant, smiling, and look attentive. She listened to "bower-birds bur oak tree" and "bower-birds in our talons" when she needs something that is inspirational and calm. She ate pellets and fresh vegetables, just like a rabbit! She brushed the decayed fur of the rabbits, "To survive my bunny bun castle, you must be mad as a March Hare." She sniffed the air and covered her face while saying, "You rabbits need a bath. Seriously, zombie decay smell is gross of poor hygiene." The second vision was of the girl acting motherly towards the zombie rabbits, scolding at them like: "Bigwig, don't be a stubborn with me! Mister." She admonished one. The girl noticed that one of them was shaking. She comforted that one, "It's OK, Fiver. Don't be scared. Mother Josephine is here, my baby." She continued to talk to the rabbits: "Hazel, keep your guard up, the Hares are coming.", "Flopsy? Are you crying?", "Be gentle, Mopsy.", "Don't be weak-hearted, Cottontail, be brave.", and "Floppy ears you have there, Pipkin." 

However the girl is suffering from a psychotic breakdown when her bunnies are bleeding from the effects of the resurrection as she tries to save them. Her screams and tears haunt in Cassandra's ears: "Their--their eyes are re--re--red!  Oh no, no, no! Not good.", "The meadows--They are covered in blood!", and "Blood....Blood! Why are you bleeding my sweet bunnies?". She begin to strangle someone as she screamed, "SEE WHAT YOU DID TO MY HOPPITY HOPS?!" She lets them go as she begins to rant: "Bunnies and blood...DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY ARE REPULSIVE TO BLOOD?! These jacks are hemophobic since what my father did to them and their brethren." Then, there was her having another nervous prostration: "No, not again....NEVER PUT MY RABBITS THROUGH THIS BLOODSHED EVER AGAIN! NO BUN BUNS WILL BE SLAUGHTERED AGAIN!!! You know how long it took me to revive 14 innocent bunny buns? It took me 336 hours to put their body parts together for 168 minutes with only 28 doses and they love me! Bunnies love me!" There was slashing and squishing sounds that made Cassandra nauseous. "Bunnies are not food or used to make fur, they are my PETS!!!" screamed the girl. The squishing and slashing stopped. There, she saw a rabbit's left foot was on fire. There were fearful, ghastly people who saw undead rabbits while walking down the street. A rabbit with a blind eye in his left pupil glaring before it went away. The clock struck noon, and a black rabbit appears. There were ferocious rabbits who fought at the humans. Then, the horrifying part: The capitol was caked in mass of blood. Murderous bunnies in a circle while holding hands around the capitol while the girl with the messy hair is smiling insanely as she is bathed into the carnage. "Time awaits, so don't be late. White rabbits on the run." She said in a creepy monotone.

Behind Jade; she sensed a big monster behind her and turned around. It was a rabbit monster, a zombie plus cyborg. His left eye was robotic and he looked scary. Jade greets the grumpy thing with happiness, "General Woundwort, we meet again! Hmph, your eye looks funny." replied Jade, jokingly. "She's kind of weird." Jack remarked softly. "Yeah, I mean look at this--That friggin' zombie-cyborg rabbit looks really creepy and yet she's hugging it!" Cassandra commented. "Hoppity Hops!" Jade replied in a loud voice. The undead rabbits staggered in a line. "Um, are you sure this is suppose to be scary? Because I think this is all too....mind-bending." Trygve asked softly. Jade paced around as she gave out train instructions as they will have to train against General Woundwort. The zombified bucks try to fight back however they struggled against the bloody mouthed zombie cyborg rabbit. Jade was angry, "You are aching Mother Josephine's heart, coneys! Stand up for yourselves!" She encouraged. The rabbits obeyed, and they fought back. Jade clapped happily, "Good bunnies, I taught you well." She cheered. Then, she looked up at the Mater Dolorosa figure and clasped her hands together, "Mama Josephine, please help the bunnies be safe!" She whispered. Mother Josephine was a Blessed Mother type as she was the Queen Mother of Rabbits. Jade begins hum to 'Let the Lower Lights Be Burning' and swayed. She then stared at Mother Josephine as she has tears in her eyes. Cassandra face palmed herself, "Oh geez." She thought. "Lunatic, she's an absolute lunatic." Just then, she heard a horrible sound. "Not now." whispered Cassandra. Just then, a Wendigo appeared and swooped down to attack. Jade was in hysterics. "Get that beast, my darling hoppers!" She cried. The undead rabbits obeyed her command. They fought back but they weren't much faster like the Wendigo. Just then, the Wendigo seized one of the bunnies and escaped. 

Jade begin to throw a tantrum, "PET-ER!" She screamed. "MY BABY!!!!" As much as annoying she was; Cassandra went down there to go and help her. "Wait!" Trygve called but Cassandra didn't answer. She went over to her and try to be nice, "Hey. You OK?" asked Cassandra. Jade looked up from crying, "Who are you?" She asked. "We--were sent here to help you and to find out about some strange deaths of people." explained Cassandra. That wasn't the truth but this girl needs help. "I'm not helping you until I get Peter back!" yelled Jade. Cassandra and the others were annoyed, "Fine! I guess we made a mistake coming here." remarked Jack. They were about to leave when Jade stopped them. "NO, Please! Not Peter, you help me find Peter!" begged Jade. Cassandra looked at her, she looked at Jack and Trygve. She knew what she had to do. As much as Jade was mentally unstable and loved her dearest rabbits; she couldn't allow Jade to suffer too much as she already did. Cassandra, Jack and Trygve search for Peter as they looked around. They saw someone in the garden, eating radishes and carrots--It was Undead Peter! Casandra rushed over to the undead bunny, "Peter, get out of there! What if someone saw you?" She whispered. Then she realized that Peter looked sad, he was trapped in a cage as his captor was nowhere in sight. Casandra flexed her fingers as the cage fell apart as Peter was free from the pain. Peter ran into Casandra's arms, this alarmed her but she was happy to see he was OK. Then, she heard a growl and then a Wendigo appeared! Undead Peter cringed but Cassandra had to fight it however Jack stepped in to protect her. "Don't worry, I got this." He said. Cassandra is surprised as she watched Jack become his Revenant form as he fought back the creature. He savagely tore at the monster's flesh and he eventually killed the beast. Then, he turned back to normal. 

While back to the factory; Cassandra and the others saw that Jade had her face buried in as the rabbits comforted her. It was pretty weird, how can she trust them? Monsters like these? It was really misunderstanding really. "Jade? Jade?" inquired Cassandra. Jade looks up, "Yes?" She asked. "We got Peter." replied Cassandra in a sing-song voice. Jade got excited as she reached over to her, "Give me, Peter!" She begged. "No, Jade." Cassandra said, shaking her head. "Please, I need Peter! I need him or I'll have a convulsion. That happens to me sometimes." whimpered Jade, practically on her knees. "I will give you Peter Rabbit, but first--You got to tell me about how you resurrect the bunnies." Cassandra replied. Jade crossed her arms and snorted a huff. "OK, I'll tell you. But let me see my poor Peter. He needs his chamomile tea!" She begged as she reached over but Jade is squirming, her feet are kicking as she is restrained by Jack and Trygve. "UGH, PETER!!!" She whined. "Uh-uh." Cassandra said, "You promised, you can't see him unless you tell me." Jade stopped kicking and squirming, she looked defeated but not too bad. "OK, then." She said with a sigh. One of the rabbits grunted, she glared at it. "Vervain, the Black Rabbit is watching...BEWARE!!!" scolded Jade. Cassandra, Jack and Trygve were relieved but at least maybe now she might talk. A few minutes later after she calmed down; She was already explaining her story; Cassandra, Jack and Trygve were gathered together to listen to Jade's side of the story of how she got her hands on reviving the dead rabbits: "So, I...I had to revive them with a secret recipe of the Elixir of Life." Jade said.  Cassandra nodded, "Uh huh." She said. "I used one pint of goats blood and one cup of well sifted sand. Second, I used a pentagram, which I poured it over the carcasses of the rabbits...and then...Then I chanted the incantation which was: 'Moarte, va, vine, viata. Tabula Rasa Per Capitar Non Sequitir Et Cetra!'" said Jade. She looked at them and asked, "Am I scaring you?" Cassandra shook her head, "No, continue." She said. Jade was relieved as she continued her story, "There was thunder and lightning, which zapped as I cried out, 'Lepis americanus!'....And to my joy, they came to life! To life, they came to life! My hoppity hops came back to life!" She cried out. Trygve glance at Cassandra, who was still listening to her, and whispered: "How long do we have to hear crazy ramble?" "Let's just hear, who knows what else she has to say." replied Cassandra quietly. Jade told them what was going on and told them of her life: As a child, Jade Eastertide had found a warren full of adorable rabbits. Learning of her abusive father is planning on fattening them up by feeding them; Jade breaks them out and takes them to her secret house where she names each of the bunnies after her favorite book, Watership Down: Hazel, Fiver, Bigwig, Blackberry, Dandelion, Silver, Pipkin, Hyzenthlay, Blackavar, and Kehaar. But her favorite bunnies of all are Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail which were named from her favorite book of The Tale of Peter Rabbit. However her happiness fades when one of the rabbits, Bigwig, escaped and Jade's father, Gregory, discovered this. He was so angry that he let out the bunnies to the fields and then he butchered them in a grisly way with Jade watching in distressed. One by one, all her rabbit friends were murdered in front of her. After her father was finished; Jade's mind snapped as she uses tools to revived her bunny friends but in the process of the reanimation, it made them into undead species with elements of with antelope horns or deer antlers and sometimes a pheasant's tail (jackalopes) and generally wings, antlers, tails and fangs (wolpertingers). She then saw visions of El-ahrairah, who has been kind to Jade than her horrible father was. 

El-ahrairah and his disciples: Prince Rainbow, Rabscuttle, and Frith are helping Jade conducting in her research by making her undead bunny friends have fun. This succeeds well as the zombie rabbits are happy to be with Jade, who was the only one who loved them and freed them. They sang "Let the Lower Lights Be Burning" together: "Brightly beams our Father’s mercy, From His lighthouse evermore. But to us He gives the keeping, Of the lights along the shore. Let the lower lights be burning! Send a gleam across the wave! Some poor struggling, fainting seaman. You may rescue, you may save." She cried of tears of joy, never knowing that they would be her friends. Jade had no friends so the undead, jackalope and wolpertinger bunnies were her only friends. Jade was always bullied for her bunny love as she was always outcast from the others. She hated it, so much that she couldn't take it anymore. In honor of Jade's loyalty to the rabbits, as well as reviving them, they gave her a gift: A stuffed bunny rabbit which she calls the stuffed bunny 'Bilby'. One day; Jade was approached of a vision of the Black Rabbit, who is telling her that her father must be punished for killing the rabbits. So, Jade lured her father to a rabbit hole and the plan works. Jade watched as the zombie bunnies clawed, bite, and tear at Gregory, who could only scream and cry. Begging his daughter to spare him however Jade wouldn't. She had been through that, but never again, will she faced torment from him again. First he killed her mother, Nancy, and now the rabbits. Now he was going to pay dearly with his life.

High school. Don't you hate it? The students picking on you, they don't leave you alone. Well. That's what is like for 16 year old Jade Eastertide. She is a loner who wants to have friends, but with her different clothes and her crazy overzealous religious mother, Fantine. The girls that pick on her are Eponine Patzzi and her best friends, Azelma Cameron and Jean Tamir. Eponine is a bad girl type girl that was the queen of this school who had a bad boy type boyfriend, Gavroche Birch. It all started like this, she was sitting at her desk, trying to focus on the lesson. Her long yet messy white-blonde hair was all she could feel between her fingers. Jade was feeling on edge, the teacher rambled on and on. She felt bored and looked around the room to see a boy staring at her, it was Faust. Jade turned away but then out of curiosity, she turned back to see Faust was still looking at her, he smiled at her. Jade glanced away. But before the bell rang, Jade turns to Faust who was staring at her. His small smile grew into a wide and wondrous grin. "Why is he staring at me? Why is he smiling at me?" Jade thought. The bell rang, Jade collected her things and rushed out of the room. Jade hated her next class, which was gym. Here was two reasons: The first one was that she wasn't the most athletic and always hit someone in the head or get hit. The second one was Eponine, Azelma, and Jean were there to bully her mercilessly at her screw ups. Today, Jade was klutzy than usual today. It was the exact same thing, she would drop it or hit someone by accident but it's not enough to be mocked at by the other girls. Faust watched her, feeling bad for her. "Eat shit, disgusting little pig!" jeered Eponine. The others laugh, except for Jade. 

"You eat shit!" Jade called out. Heads turned, "What did you say to me?" Eponine demanded. "You heard me, eat shit. Bitch!" Jade said. "Oh yeah? You think you're all that, don't ya?" Eponine remarked. "Oh yeah, Me. All that." countered Jade. "But you would get a kick out of what I heard this morning." Eponine placed her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed at him. "What are you talking about, asshole?" She asked coldly. "You. Gavorche. In the car of the school parking lot." Faust smirked. He then imitates his voice to be like Eponine's, 'Oh Gavorche! Oh, you dog! Don't stop! That feels good!'." The other girls gasped and howled. Eponine was furious, "You are. So DEAD, FREAK!" She screeched. And she begin to chase Faust, who was so amused. The other girls chanted at Eponine to catch her. But she tripped and fell, she was laughed at as her face was covered with dirt. She turned to the guffawing girls, "Shut up! SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU CRAPPY PIGS!!!!!" screamed Eponine. During the uncontrollable laughter of the other girls; Jade makes her escape. In the girls' locker room; Jade takes a shower as the other girls change and ramble among themselves. Once she is finished; she covers herself for she had forgotten to get her clothes from her locker! She got out but she accidentally bumps into Eponine however in the midst of this, her towel slipped off. Eponine and the girls saw her mutilated back, "Oh no!" thought Jade desperately. Indeed, she was scared. Instead of the girls taking pity on her; they instead beated her rapidly and chanted, "Die!" & "Suicidal!" Eponine was taking photos of Jade's mutilated back when the teacher came in to see what was going on. She was shocked and yelled at the girls while she comfort Jade. While the girls left; Jean looked back as she felt guilty for what she had done to Jade. Jade looked at the window, which somehow begin to shake and then cracked.

At home, Jade was repeatedly whipped for 'committing sin' by her mother. During all the pleas and tears; she then felt the whips were now flying and out of her mother's grasp as they instead slapped her. Jade and Fantine were both shocked by this. In the meantime; Jean was at a diner with her friends. But Jean was sad, thinking about what she did in the locker room. Gretchen nudged at Jean to get her attention: "Hey, Jeanie. What's up? Cat got your tongue or something?" She asked. Jean shook her head, "Nah, I just had a bad day." She admitted. Gretchen's eyes were full of pity. "Awww, what happened?" asked Gretchen. Jean was trying not to cry so much, "I was involved picking on Jade in the locker room. I really feel bad." She choked out. Simon, Theophilus, Gretchen, and Marius were open mouthed shock until Gretchen spoke out a mouthful, "Seriously, Jean. Why do you hang out with Eponine? All she does is pick on the people who aren't even popular! She's like the prom queen from hell." ranted Gretchen. "Yeah, did you guys hear what happened to her? It was so funny." Theophilus jumped into the conversation. "What?" Simon asked. "She was jogging around the court and tripped so hard that she fell on her face." Theophilus said, chuckling. "No way!" Simon cried, he and Theophilus laughed. The next day, Jade was the laughingstock now. Someone sent pictures of her bare back scarred to everyone in school! Jade was so frustrated that she skipped classes, she knew she shouldn't but she couldn't faced anybody. But the school wasn't helping her, at all. She then realized while she skipped school for awhile, Jade found a mirror as she meets her 'guardian angel' who gives her the powers of telekinesis, control snakes, summon demon pigs and ghosts, control ice & fire, manipulate magic, have the power of mirror like abilities, and has premonitions. 

She was to use these powers for revenge! And Jade heed to these as her responsible. Later, Jade stalks Eponine into the gym room. Eponine felt like someone was watching her, she turned and jumped to see Jade. “Hi Eponine.” She greeted. “What do you want freak?” She demanded. “Nothing, except…Look behind you.” replied Jade. Eponine does and saw snakes, demonic pigs, and ghosts hit her repeatedly. Magic, ice blocks, fire balls, and mirror fragments hurts her. Jade filmed her on her cell phone, in retaliation of what she did to her. She slips away as she sent the video to the other students anonymously. Eponine was the laughingstock, everyone thought it was hilarious of how she was getting attack. Only Eponine was angry at how this happened but everyone was sick of her, except for her friends who were really upset about this. Gretchen smirks down at Eponine, "Now you know what it's like for Jade." She remarks. Jade was happy that no one was laughing or teasing her. After school; Jade had to do errands for her mother: Hand out pamphlets of 'The end is coming', pick up her curtains from the seamstress, and get groceries. Jade had done the hand outs and got the curtains in a bag.  She went to get some milk, eggs, bananas, and bread. When she got back the phone rings, Jade answers it: "Hello?" A pause. "Yes, this is her." A long pause, her voice was shaken. "What?" She said. "What do you mean?" Another pause again. She begin to cry a little, “I don’t understand. What do you mean?” She listens and hangs up, sobbing. Her mother had been murdered by Gavorche, Eponine’s boyfriend.  One thing's for sure, they won't have any mercy from her. 

Jade found the mirror again as she is shown how Gavorche did it, her mother was harassing him of 'saving him' but Gavorche was so annoyed that he uses his knife to stab her. Her mother's last breath was, "...Forgive us for our...trespassers...." On her way to school; Jade watched Eponine walking with Gavorche. The two are arguing, though Jade couldn’t make out what it was but they got in the car and drove away. Jade levitates in air, she follows their car and sneaks pass them. She went around the corner, he senses them coming and she uses his telekinesis to flip the car over. Both survived the crash, Eponine and Gavorche got out as they confronted Jade. “What is your deal?” Gavorche demanded. “I know it was you, you killed my mother. If you are a ‘demon’, I shall exorcised him and Eponine, who is a harpy from HELL!” Jade screeched. She lifts Gavorche telekinetically and swung him side to side. Beating him, Eponine tried to hit her from behind but Jade uses her powers against her tormentor. She broke her wrist, Eponine cried out in pain. She lie there helpless as she watched her boyfriend struggled however Jade uses her powers to break his arm, cut off the other and make his eyes bleed. Then, Jade turned to Eponine, who shook with fear. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” She begged. But both arms were torn off, she screamed and howled in pain. Then her legs came off too and then, Jade taunts her: “Eat shit.” and decapitated her. Jade saw their car so he took the body parts, placed them in the car and set the vehicle on fire! Jade watched it burnt, she noticed her clothes didn’t have blood or anything on them except for one. But she turned away but not before muttering, “Good riddance.” And left.

Then, there was an inhuman scream that made everyone freak out in terror. They decide to investigate when they are almost annihilated by a explosion however Cassandra rescues them and they all went unconscious. Cassandra is the only who is awake and saw who is responsible: Jobe Sethlans. "Hello Cassandra Endymion." He said. Jobe step forward as he is about to hurt her but he trembles with fear as he saw Cassandra begin grew veins all around her face, he looked horrified of this. Jobe got more weaker and sprawled on the floor with terror. "I can break you anytime, Cass. You wouldn't stand a chance against me." threatened Jobe. Cassandra's eyes flashed as he could see her lips, which they look like a rosebud pout and they turned to a thin, luscious pucker. "Power and control...that's all I have now...and I’m gonna make you fall. Fall down good." She purred. Then, with one last scratch and bind Jobe, who scream in fear. Then, with one last scratch and bind Jobe, who scream in fear. And then, Cassandra use one last struck to leave Jobe in shock. And then, Cassandra use one last struck to leave Noah in shock. Turan and the others managed to find the people who tortured them mentally one by one: The first one is Nadab. Turan and her allies track him down in an alley as they sedate him and bring him back to the warehouse! He wakes up to find a video of himself as a child and his mother, He is terrified as he demands to know what’s going on. Turan appears as she says: “This is the pain you put me through, you brute.” She tells him that Turan has return from ‘the grave’ to get her revenge against those that hurt her badly! Nadab denies of hurting her but Turan growls at him: “I know exactly who you are; you made me into what I am!” And the torture begins while Nadab screams in terror. 

The second victim is Haman. Turan and the others track him down as they sedate him before taking him back to the warehouse. Haman wakes up to find himself surrounded by fire as he screams at the fact that he’s in hell! Turan appears to bound, gag and tortures him. Before torturing him; She says: “This might hurt a little.” And the nightmare begins for  Haman. The third victim is Shalom. Turan and the others sedated the the bastard before dragging them back to the warehouse! They wake up to see all the pictures of their victims as they demand to know what’s happening. Turan appears to say that this is payback and she rehabitates herself for assistance and reminds them about the number one rule between sexes: No man is allowed to hit a woman. Shalom denies this until finally Turan tortures him as she says random things: “Game! Innocence! Mercy! Life! Wasteful!” The fourth victim is Cadmus. Turan and the gang went to go and find him as they sedate and take him back to the warehouse. Cadmus wake up to find himsself in the warehouse as they see pictures of their mom and the two as little boys. Turan reminds them that she is not weak: “I’m stronger than yesterday.” Cadmus beg for mercy but Turan does not believe them: “What? So you can do it again? I’m not stupid, you know. Actions speak louder than words….Like this.” The torment begins as Cadmus scream for mercy. Orcus hears noises and starts to get scared at the eerie place. Turan arose in blood-spattered, stimulating outfits as they wrangles him, dignified him through smothering and chained him to a table to constrained & gag him! Orcus wakes up with a muzzle on his mouth and he lets out a muffle scream as the young ladies torture him through his mind. 

There was music, mingling, and food there. She was sitting with Jack and Trygve, "Wow. What a crowd this is." remarked Cassandra. "Yes, it is." Jack agreed. Just then, someone appeared at the microphone, it was Mimir. "May I have your attention please?" He said. Everyone stopped what they were doing as they looked at him. Samson cleared his throat before continuing, "I have two special awards for our great warriors. And these go to--Cassandra Endymion, Jack Mordor and Trygve Fragarach." Cassandra couldn't believe this, she looked at Jack and Trygve which they were grinning too as they stood up and went to the stage while others were applauding. Cassandra, Jack and Trygve were honored of their awards, they exchanged glances with grins. Then, they bowed before the crowd. The applause faded but some were  still clapping. Everyone turned to see who but they frowned or glared at that person. Jack and Trygve looked at Ector and his other friends angrily. "Oh, look at this! Ain't it touching?" mocked Ector, pretending to cry but was smirking. "I love celebrations, I really do." Cassandra’s eyes bulged in horror. "Our great heroes are honored at long last but you won't be honored when I play...This!" A large TV image plays of someone entering a movie cinema. Cassandra couldn’t believe it, "It can't be!" She gasped. Next was gunshots, people screaming. It shows images of Cassandra’s friends and other people being shot at. "Oh my..." Mimir gasped. "Oh no...!" Trygve cursed. Everyone was horrified by these images however Ector and his friends laughed. They was in hysterics of this. They thought this was all so funny? How dare they…Cassandra’s body tremble but felt a rough hand on her back, "Bitch, are you gonna cry--" Ector said. Cassandra turned to him fiercely with her telekinesis. Ector flew back into a column. "Ohhh!" The crowd gasped. "Uh oh." Lleu said softly. "Cass." Samson muttered. 

Jack was furious at Ector, he ran over at him and cried, "You will pay for that!!!!!!" "Jack!" Bellerphon cried. Too late, Ector pulled out a gun and fired at Jack. Jack fell to the ground, "Nooooo! Jack..." Cassandra screamed. She rushed over to him. Cassandra felt hot tears running down her face, she turned to Ector. Her veins pulsed with anger. A turning point where her powers are activating. She looked up and spread out her arms, where her powers bend the lights from above. Everyone looked up in horror. "Oh crap..." Hanuman thought. Proteus forced the doors opened and shouted, "Everyone out NOW!!!!" Immediately; the crowd rushes out. Borvo and Juniper look back, they were concerned about their friend. "Cass!" They both cried, Zaden seized them both and said, "Come on, let's go!" Borvo and Juniper  tried to struggle but Zaden pulled them away.  In the abandoned party, Cassandra and Ector were the only ones in there, Ector tried to attack her but Cassandra flexed her hand, telekinetically choking him by the throat. She threw him backwards and he landed there. Cassandra uses her powers to cause a fire. The others peeked inside, what they saw was hell. The whole place was scorched of fire. But the doors closed automatically. She wanted to kill him however she realized something, this wasn't sure about this and lets him live. Later, Cassandra stalks away from the now destroyed party in anguish over what happened. She found Trygve, who looked concern for her. How dare Ector did that to her, how cruel he was. Well, he won’t come around here anymore. Just then, someone followed her and came up to her, putting a hand on her. Cassandra whirled around, gasping. "Cass, it's me!" Jack said with a small smile. Cassandra let out a sigh and embraced him. "Jack, you're all right." She said. Cassandra buried her face, there was heaving of sobs. Jack hugged her back, "I'm sorry that happened." He said, patting her back tenderly. 

Cassandra sniffed. "Oh, Jack! It was awful. He was so mean to me..." She blubbered. Jack could only pat her back, soothing her: "It's OK, Cass. It's OK.." But he looked up and his eyes widened with terror. "LOOK OUT, CASS!" He cried. Too late, she is being held hostage by Ector's. Ector looked over and gouged her heart out. "Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!" cried Jack and Trygve. Ector and his friends were cackling with glee but they wouldn't laugh for long. Cassandra rise, her eyes were hollow and black with red pupils. She had blood coming from the whole in her chest. Her appearance was different: There were short ram horns, her hair became red like mahogany, her clothes matched her hair and her face was pinkish white. Jack couldn't believe this, Cassandra. She was rising as some sort of undead being who was slaughtering the Ector's friends in order to get her heart back. And she did kill them all, she butchered them. She beheaded them, and then she made their limbs go numb so she can split them apart in a grisly way. Jack and Trygve were shocked by this. They couldn't believe that someone like her would such things. Finally, Cassandra faced Ector Absalom, who was holding her heart so Heart less Cassandra put up a pretty good fight. She broke his legs and the heart went up, Cassandra caught it in her hand and placed it back in her chest. The hole in her chest closed up and she turned back to normal. Jack and Trygve could only stare at her in amazement. Who was this girl? Whoever she was, she was nothing out of the ordinary.

A deranged Ector who was smiling like a Cheshire as he held a knife. His hair was a mess and was bleeding from his hands. He panted and heaved, "I will not stop until I kill you, Cassandra." yelled Ector. Jack grabbed Cassandra, helping her up and shouted, "Run, you guys!" They ran, however Ector chased after them. He was still clutching the knife as he waved it. Laughing maniacally. Cassandra, Jack, and Trygve did not stopped. But they did, they found themselves at a cliff. Ector laughed more malicious, "End of the line, you damn ass." He exclaimed. Cassandra held her friends close, she glared at Ector, who lunged at them. "DIE!!!" He cried. "No!" She exclaimed. Cassandra telekinetically seized him by the throat and pulls him toward her but she did it too far. Cassandra, Jack, and Trygve watched as Ector fell down to his death. Cassandra couldn’t believe what she had done. "I killed him...I....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" She screamed hysterically, waving her hands frantically. Jack took her hands and speaking to her, "Cass, Cass." When Cassandra didn’t answered; Jack slapped her. Cassandra stopped screaming, she slowly placed a hand on her cheek where she had been slapped. Cassandra looked at him, "Jack..." She whispered. Jack sighed, "Sorry. Are you OK?" He asked. Cassandra feebly shake her head. "I don't know, I can't live like…" She admitted. She went to the ledge and spread her arms out. She was about to take a step until Trygve reached for her. "Cass, nooo!" He cried. Jack and Trygve seized her, Cassandra struggled against them as she tried to push him away. "Let go of me! Let go! Lemme--" She ranted. "Don't even try, I am not letting go no matter what you say." Jack said. After many struggles; Cassandra gives up and embraces her friends. "Oh, you guys." She sobbed and begin crying until she fell asleep. Jack carried her, she felt light weighted in his arms. 

Ad interim; Tristan was searching for Melisande but thanks to some people that cared about Melisande, he was able to find her--At an old abandoned facility! Tristan went in alone, hoping to convince her. Earlier before; Melisande and Tristan were having a good time seeing the sights of Carlisle's city however they ran into a drunk Hestia and her friends. "Well, well, look who it is. Mel, you sure have good taste in men but how about in killing? Was it wonderful when you killed your family who were turned into Wendigos? Shit, you were always a frigid little girl. What a floozy call girl you were to Constantine, you think this is over? It only just begun." Hestia said, then she and her friends laughed like hyenas as they stumbled away. Melisande's happy nature faded and trembled while tears were pouring down her face. Tristan turned to her, "Hey, what did she mean--?" But Melisande ran from him in anguish and shame. Now, Tristan had been searching for her. He had learn what Melisande did after looking at the Moneta, Melisande was blackmailed and forced to be Constantine's servant so she can keep her family safe but then her family were going to go public and somehow Constantine found out their plans. So he turned them into monsters and forced a nervous wreck Melisande to kill them. She was devastated as she ran away after burying her family. Here was Tristan, who ran inside the abandoned place, calling out: "Mel!" He heard someone called back to him, "Go away!" However he ran in as he was shocked to see what Melisande is doing: Her ankle chained a rock and a Wendigo was chained there beside her. There was explosives of dynamite on the rock being prepared. "What are you doing?" asked Tristan, eyes filled with fear. "Making a statement." replied Melisande. "Mel, whatever you think your doing, please don't do it." said Tristan calmly. Melisande looked away from him, "Please, go away." She said darkly. "Let me help  you, Mel." Tristan coaxed, walking over to her carefully. 

Melisande begin to weep, "Why can't you people leave me alone?" She demanded through her sobs. Tristan hold back his own tears, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you went through so much pain." He said. Melisande gave him a glare as she telepathically choke holds of him. Tristan chokes and gasps for air. "Look at what you made me do, Tristan!" Melisande sobbed. "Don't kill me, Melisande!" rasped Tristan. "Why not? Haven't I been through enough?!" exclaimed Melisande, tears were splashing out from her eyes. Tristan had never seen such painful rage in a girl like her, Melisande let him go so he can breathe as she begin to cry again but she tells Tristan in her grief, "I--I--I killed my family....Did you know that? I hate myself for it, I really do, it's all my fault!" Tristan walked slowly to her, "I know the real truth, you were blackmailed! He was going after your family! It's OK, you don't have to hide from me. I can help you, nobody will hurt you but I can't help you if you close yourself in. Open your heart, I want to be your friend." Tristan said. Melisande considered this, she was touched by the fact that he came to find her. That was sweet. Nobody has ever done that for her. Not at all. Melisande nodded, "OK. Get me out of here." She said. And Tristan did, he found the key in Melisande's pocket and freed her. They were about to leave but Melisande stopped him, "There's something I need to do." She replied. Melisande used her powers and light the match to burn away of the place she hate. Then, she and Tristan ran before the place was about to blow. Melisande felt better, thanks to Tristan but it looked like she was going to need a lot more help then she ever did and she found her first friend in Tristan. 

In the medical center, Cassandra was resting as Jack and Brother 10 watch her from the window. She looked peaceful sleeping as they felt bad at what happened. But Jack noticed someone is next to her, Paul Absalom and his son Rocky, the good brother of Ector. “What is he doing here?” He asked Mimir, who approached behind him. "He came to visit her. Wanting to apologize but he's asleep I guess." Paul was beside Cassandra, who was still asleep. He begins to talk to her, "Cassandra, I'm sorry. I wish I did something a long time ago but I didn't. I feel bad for the actions and troubles my sons have caused. I really am sorry about all this." He felt the tears in his eyes. He took Cassandra’s hand but she opened her eyes and her eyes turned red. Paul looked horrified, he backs away as Cassandra used her powers to choke him. He screamed in terror, "NOOOO, NOT ME!" He woke up, it was all a nightmare but he couldn’t stop screaming. Rock looked at his father, taking both his shoulders, "Dad?!" He asked. His father was still exclaiming, "NOT ME! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE, HAVE MERCY!" "Dad!" Rocky said, shaking him and hugging him. "MERCY!" Paul cried, "PLEASE!" Rocky started crying, "It's OK, Dad. I’m here.” He soothed. Paul begin to sob, the only thing that his son could do was comfort him. “It’s OK, Dad. It’s OK. I’m here. It’s OK.” He said it all over again. It looks like Paul Absalom was going to be traumatized from this, never again will he do this. Never will he ever. In the meantime, Chloris looked on the security footage and saw a mysterious, deranged girl there. She was shocked when she realized who it was. Her sister Branwen was there. "My God, what did Dad do to her?" Chloris muttered to herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment