Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Uranometria--Chapter 10

This is the last chapter of the first volume, at the moment; I have writer's block and running out of ideas. So I'll come up with something soon, hope you like it! --KatDon

Chapter 10: I Just Want To Have Friends 

"...So there I was at the comedy club, you would've hated there, my dear, all that laughter was loud so much that it was unbearable. I walked in to hear him talk joke crap about the Wendigo and then I called out how much of a chump he was. And then, he said: 'Wouldn't it be funny if that guy got killed by Wendigos, like right now?' and the crowd guffawed. And then I smirked, saying 'Wouldn't it be funny if the stand up here got beaten up by five Wendigos...Like, right now?' Then, at my signal; all of them came. The haggish creatures of Tacita and all the Wendigos. That was no laughing matter for this comedy club! All smiles came around the table and I was about to pull a gun on him. You should've heard the guy, he looked like he was going to piss himself and said in a whimpering tone, 'Please...I was just kidding...' but I pulled it, only to reveal it to be fake. 'So did I.' I said with a laugh and soon everyone was laughing. They thought it was over...Or was it??!! BOOM! All of the laughing people had their throats slit and the most hated stand up got a good beaten. Once it was over, I laughed as I left. Beautiful wasn't it? I did the same to the others...." Creepily grinning sociopath Cheshire, to whom Ophelia thought she created on piece of paper in her 'trauma' while dealing with her hypersensitivity to loud noises. "You. Are. Not. Real....How can this be?!" cried Ophelia. "As I stated before; I've existed before you could ever created me on paper or in your head." said Cheshire. "You mean...You existed before....?" Ophelia started to ask but Cheshire interrupted, "Ah yes. I had existed before you created me." He said. 

"You see, I was a bit like you. Hating loud sounds and how I was depressed but a new smile carves into my face. I looked beautiful aren't I?" Ophelia took a deep breath and said, "Yeah. You are above average." "I am, aren't I?" Cheshire said. Then he smirked deeper and it got more eerie with that leer on his face. "But what about when you stabbed your brother in the arm with a pen? All for a stupid peace treaty you made?" Cheshire remarked. Ophelia looked guilty, "I--" She started to say but Cheshire cut her off. "Don't give me that, you didn't mean it? Is that you were going to say?" He demanded. Ophelia looked away, "I haven't had an outbreak in awhile so I was surprised at myself." She said. "Yes, that's true. You've been a good girl lately, but then one outbreak." agreed Cheshire. "But you have to understand, maybe your daddy-kins is your mirrored image." Ophelia was shocked to hear him say that and begins to have a frenzy attack, she remembered the things she done and the things she said: "I...I'm nothing like my father. I'm trying to realize the things I've done while he didn't. I remember the terrible things, I repent, and I eventually get over it and try not to do them again." Cheshire patted Ophelia's hair on top. "Good girl." Then he turned around, "And what about you, Ace? You got a thing for Roland or something?" Cheshire taunted. "What?" Ace said, glaring at him. Roland looked confused, "What the hell are you talking about?" He demanded. Cheshire reached into his coat pocket while muttering, "Hmm, let's see...Where did I put it....?" Then he pulls out a book that was dark blue, "Ah-ha! Here it is. A journal, diary sounds more a girl." Cheshire pulled it out as Ace looks at him suspicious. 

Then, Cheshire begin to read them, "Log Entries....'Why isn’t he interested? I just wrote my cellphone number, but then I got worried that he might not be home for when I called so I gave all the info I could. And I feel like a loser because I'm is staying home all night waiting for that one guy to call...He might have noticed that I'm obsessed with him and thinks I'm a stalker...'" Ace was embarrassed and shocked, how did this bastard found all that? How could he? Roland looked shocked by this, confused by this and looks at Ace who looked tensed to him. Ophelia is suspicious of Ace and Janus is also dubious as well. However Cheshire didn't stop reading them, "'I'm obsessed with him, is that it? Is that why he won't talk to me? Is it my appearance has anything to do with why he won’t call me. No, that can’t be the reason!  It’s hard for me to do more and because he pushes me away. I don’t fall asleep because this is the only time when I am vulnerable and he makes my heartbeat...I says that I don’t love him when I really do, but I won’t tell him that. If I'm not in his heart, why should I act like I do?  If I got to settle for a piece of him then I gotta say peace to him. All I ever wanted was to be his starring role, the one he loves. Once I get HIM, and I WILL! I will never let him get away or let anyone else take him!'" Roland started to get mad, "Your sick, freak! Why would he want to write crap like that?! You must've forged them!" He yelled. "Oh really? It seems straight forward for me. Isn't that right Ace?" taunted Cheshire. Roland is angry, Ace is mortified and bowed his head, and Ophelia is frozen with fear. Janus looks at the three before glaring at Cheshire and then he punched him while retrieving the journal and hands them to Ace. Then tells Cheshire, "Get the hell out of here!" Cheshire then looked at him as he stood up and ran. Ophelia, Roland, and Ace were amazed as they try to process of what just happened. Janus sighed and the four of them head back to Silver Branch but Ophelia threw her arms around Janus and gave him the warmest embrace, "Thank you. You saved us." She said. Janus caressed her hair in comfort, smiling a little. Ace and Roland are a tad bit envious at this. Janus noticed as he asked, "Is something wrong?" Roland and Ace turned away with a huff. "Like hell!" They both said. Janus was perplexed while Ophelia was giggling softly.

In the meantime, Chloris was struggling on information of Cassandra. She was angry as she cursed herself, "Dammit!" But then she hears something. Chloris's eyes wandered to the side as a smirk appeared on her face. She leaned back in her chair, "A badass crew-army full of blood knights, boisterous bruisers, and combat sadomasochists. Colored through bonds of friendship and loyalty, so much so that even the grim-faced and sadistic warrior types would toss away their lives to protect the harpy. Am I right.....Turan?” She said. That was her cue to pull out a gun but the bullet missed. There were knives, guns, axes, rifles, and then there were lots of crazy blood thirsty people. Chloris managed to duck for cover until something of a blade grazed almost at her. The blade snapped away with shing sound. “Damn! Blasted warriors!” Chloris cursed. “I couldn’t agree more.” A voice said from behind, Chloris jumped and whirled around to see who it was. “What the—how did you get here?” She demanded. “That’s for me to know and for you to not know.” said the female voice. Chloris turns away and rubbed her forehead to the bridge of her nose as she replied, “I’d take it that I’m talking to Turan Cypris.” Turan appeared in a bustier and a skirt. “Yes, who else? And you must be Chloris Zephyr.” She said. “Yes, I'm part of this place. Hope you like it.”  Chloris remarked. Turan looked around, “You sure have a nice place here.” She complimented. Chloris nodded, “Hmm. Not like yours…..A ragtag bunch of misfits. Good cop-bad cop, played by the book, dirty cop, and yada yada.” She said. “You sure know about us.” said Norna. Chloris looked at Turan, “Gorgeous Jinx! A beauty so cursed and tortured during a prom massacre by five guys and you & other brutes took down on the bastards that hurt you.” She explained. “You read my profile.” said Turan. “Yup.”  said Chloris replied with a nod. 

Then she looks at Tucker. “Let’s see…Tucker I presumed. Feared, respected by his comrades and is hated by his rival and subordinate, Kai.” She explained. “I assume you read mine too.” said Kai.  Chloris gave him a look, “’Course I did.” She said. “That’s great, Hmph. I really hate him you know that?” “I do but…Yours is quite a tragedy.” replied Chloris. Kai chuckled nervously, “You don’t know that.” He said. Chloris gave him a look and read the file, “Oh no? As a child, you and your big sister lost both your parents. All alone until one day—‘He’ came along and took you in. You look up to him, respected him, you cared so much for him until…this guy came along and took the man you saw as a father figure away almost. He loved your sister but broke her heart completely. You grew more hatred of this guy, so much that you want to kill him in a more sadistic way. Get rid of him with his ultimate humiliation….Followed by his deliciously, delirious death, which will put you one step closer to that father figure of yours. In the end, more tragedy, your dearest sister was dying and not even the doctors could anything. You went to see her as she tells you her final parting words before she died. And you were there, in shock, and weep bitterly over that beautiful angel of your dearest sibling…Who is gone from your life.” Chloris explained. Kai was trembling while Chloris explained and his hand clenched into a fist. “What do you want, Chloris Zephyr?” He demanded. Chloris crossed her legs and sneered down at the others, “One thing, Cassandra Endymion. Tell me about her, how much do you know about her.” She said. 

That night, Cassandra and Brother 10 are in grayish black cloaks. They were heading up to the roof of a temple for a meeting. They meet with Mimir Sofus as he beckons them, "Cass, Boys, I'll like you to meet the priests of Carlisle." Cassandra and Brother 10 greeted them, "Hi." The priests introduced themselves, a man with a tall hat of authoritative was the high priest of the temple. He seemed gracious as he said, "Welcome Cassandra. Now we can begin." And so the meeting went on about Branwen Zephyr, the daughter of Constantine Zephyr. It is said that she was made into the 'perfect girl' but also the perfect weapon of destruction. The high priest explained of the 'unholy experiments' and how many people were used in there. Just then, Cassandra gasped when she saw an illusion of the girl she saw in her dream world. "It's her!" She cried. One of the temple priests called out, "Branwen?" "Where is she?" asked Jack. "We don't see her!" echoed Borvo. But Cassandra didn't answer as she walked over and fell into a trance. The others watched in horror, Brother 10 hurried over to her and managed to pull & push her back from walking off the ledge of the roof. In her trance; Cassandra faced Branwen, who beckoned her to come to her. Casssandra was seemingly walking to her when all of a sudden, Cassandra glared at her and said: "I have a message for your father, tell him we will find him. Be ready." Branwen gave her a vicious glare, "You'll never get near my daddy!" she growled. And she vanished. Since then, Cassandra is kept up all night and she begins to have trance visions of Branwen, she was on the ground in pain but when she woke up and saw her father glaring down at her. "Daddy, I'm sorry." She said weakly. But she's being beaten by her father for not being 'perfect' enough and Branwen begin to cry. 

This vision haunted Cass as she fell asleep at around 4 o'clock. The next day, Ophelia is searching for the precise notebook to start writing once again. She said to herself quietly, "C'mon Ophelia! Pick the ripest one and go! Don't keep Cass waiting!" She hissed to herself, she finds one and hurries away but she bumps into someone and blurts out an apology before she hurrying away. The person she bumped into kept staring at her and looked at a picture of her. "Cute." He said. In the rainstorm; Ophelia is walking slowly in sandals, not good walking shoes in this weather, as she carefully doesn't want to slip and fall into puddles. That's when a hooded figure approached her, "Excuse me, do you know where the nearest place for help is?" The figure asked. Ophelia shook her head, "Sorry, I don't." She said, staggering away. However she is taser from behind and falls unconscious but not before she heard Cassandra turning around and calls out, "Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" The next minute, Ophelia wakes up on a mattress but in a different room. She looks around as she stood up and walked towards the window, wondering: "Where am I?" She felt something wet and saw a little blood on the wound but she wiped it away and it was dry for now. Cassandra is angry for not rescuing her in time and will not stop until she found her. She gathers everyone as she heads over to the place called White Horse Society--where Ophelia was. In the meantime, Ophelia is ordered to meet the 'main boss' of the people that kidnapped her and she does in order to survive. She is surprised when she meets Chloris Zephyr, the young woman of this place and daughter of Constantine Zephyr. 

"You--You kidnapped me? Why, why would you do that?" demanded Ophelia. However she realized something, "Wait, it was you...You did that to Cass and the other girls?" "I used a serum that made the Wendigos act on a frenzy and they all got your friends. For a reason." said Chloris. She explains that Cassandra and the others to take down her father's work of monstrosity. She explained that somehow a man who was an ancestor of a family. This family is known as The Lambtons are 'cursed' for a reason: John Lambton died in a plane crash. Margaret Lambton was struggling and was undergo surgery but instead brought more problems to herself. Robert Lambton died in a fire, William 'Billy' Lambton was killed when he was born, William's wife, Allison Lambton, died after giving birth to him and William Lambton took his own life. Amid Lambton was killed in a car crash, Wynd Lambton was accused of murder of his girlfriend and Henry Lambton was assassinated. The reason of these curses happening; it all started when the horrid experiments upon humanity and also a war was going on long ago in Carlisle. Ophelia begin to listen as Chloris continued with her story: A man name Cyrus Lambton entrust them to a man name Jofur and his crew which were: Mordecai, Miguel, Jordan, Elijah, Lakshmi, Enzo, and Gretchen. But Jofur and the others went back on Cyrus's request to keep them safe and well-nourished. 

They instead did horrible things to the people, who are known as the Jahab Family: Ladon, Cadmus, Tarasque, Garguiem, Nidhogg, Campe, Leviathan, Behemoth, Echidna, Veles, Ajatar, Jaculus, Rahab, Tiamet, Sybaris, Poine, and Ceto. Their children were mercilessly tortured and bullied by Jofur's young assistants. They were beaten, tortured, not given any food to eat but only scrapes however not enough. No matter how the children and the people begged for food and how thirsty but always abused, flogged violently, slapped, and oppressed. They were jeered by Jofur and the others jeered at them 'freak', 'creep', and other names. That's when, the last straw came; Delphyne and the other children: Joseph, Izanami, Dionysus, Vanadis, Skadi, Demeter, Ingvin, Vulcan and Medusa were never treated kindly because Jofur said that these people were nothing but 'useless humans'. They were tied up from their wrists and forced to watch in the windows of the chambers where their families were experimented and turned into monsters. But Cyrus discovered, instead of helping these people, he killed them for the shock he went through. Delphyne was angry at this as she confronted Cyrus and shouts at him: "Damn you Lambton! It's your fault, you put us through hell! Everyone is dead because of you and for that, your family is cursed with the same thing as we did!" Ophelia was shocked at this and demands to know what kind of person would do that to so many people that had been turned into monsters and why would she want to know. 

"Because I want you to know of how I witnessed my father's 'work' and I must destroy it as a way to atone for my sins!" claimed Chloris. Ophelia was dissatisfied, "Your sins? Are you selfish? Do you realize how many lives are at stake?" "I'm aware of that. But what about you, Ophelia? You caused a lot of calamity to everyone and brought them here, didn't you? Why would you do that?" Chloris remarked. Ophelia looked uncomfortable but she replies back, "You don't get it. Those are great, inspiring, and brave warriors. I had watched them all this time, I'm obsessed with these people because they are stuck in my head and it feels so exhilarating, doesn't it?" Chloris looked at her with surprise, "Is that why you--?" She asked but Ophelia was angry by all this that she turned and faced her fiercely, "What? Am I a freak? C'mon, say it! I'm a freak!" She commanded. "Just tell me, Ophelia!" Chloris exclaimed. Ophelia was now pissed and flared her hand as it accidentally pressed the microphone button, "Tell you what? That I sent them all here because I was a loony fan?!" Cassandra and the others heard this, they turned with surprised looks. Chloris looked down in anxiousness. "Um, Ophelia, you've turned the mic on..." She said. Ophelia looked down at the button glowing on blankly and begin to rant, "I don't care! They need to know! Why I got them all here? Silver Branch was a kingdom of isolation and I was the queen. But I know, th--the others! The ones I've met, they think I'm weird. But--I don't want to be! I want to be normal. I want to be just like them! But I can't be me because I hate myself, even the stuff I do makes me feel shitty. Like stabbing my brother with a pen in anger over something stupid like to make peace or a truce. And I'm not proud of it! And stabbing myself to know what it feels like didn't make it better." 

Everyone looked shocked. "Stop this, Ophelia--" Chloris begged but Ophelia didn't heed and continue to speak, "I know, I'm crazy! I am a narcissist and a prude! I don't have much of friends except only two great ones. Being stubborn, acting out on my feelings, and I am not proud of it! I'm nothing but a violent, insane person who has a similarity to an abusive father to daughter complex and going through the same crap as he did and being the jerk like he was!" She was shaken so much as she begins to cry, "I just want to change and I can't say it, oh no! I need to do it now. I need...I need someone to accept me as I am. Not tell me to deal with all the loud places that overwhelm me. Please...I really hate it when people tell me to deal with it, it makes me so mad that I could spit!" The others are shocked of this, they never knew how she felt. They all assumed she was different and they didn't know what her true feelings were. Ophelia was in hysterics, she then turned out there and smiled a little through her tears. "See? I'm sorry, I'm sorry I took you away from your worlds. I did this so I can be cool! Spectacular! Brave! I want to throw caution to the wind!" She spluttered. Ophelia calmed down a little and then she spoke more clearly, "I know you can all hear me, even you...Cassandra Endymion..." and then she screamed out, "I WANT YOU TO BE MY FRIEND!!!!! PLEASE ACCEPT ME AS I AM!!!!! DON'T REJECT ME, MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE AND SHATTER ME FROM THE PERSON I HATE ON THE INSIDE!!!!!" Then she sinked to the floor in anguish as Chloris turned off the microphone. Cassandra is shocked of this as she ponders about the times that Ophelia was loyal to everyone and how she did different tasks. Asking them if they need any help. Cassandra came back to her senses and begins to walk away. "Where are you going?" asked Samson. Cassandra smiled and said, "I'll be back." She flew as she enters the building and found Ophelia crying. She came to her and knelt in front of her.

"Ophelia..." Cassandra replied. Ophelia looked up through her tears, "You always been my friend, and I always accepted you without limits. Come, just be yourself. Everybody makes mistakes. You are worthy to me as well as my friends and allies. I've made more than one mistake in my life. I've came out of the worst situations of life and survived, and you need to be confident about yourself instead of talking down about you. You were trying to hide your flaws to try and look good, it's OK. Just open your heart, I'm flawed just like you....Friends need to accept each other, right?" Cassandra said. Ophelia was trembling as Cassandra continued to speak, "With such a negative attitude, you can’t succeed. Change the hate and anger into love and peace." Ophelia nodded as she bowed her head and wiped her face away. She ran over and hugged Cassandra in her arms as she sobbingly replies, "Thank you. Thank you....You mean so much to me." Cassandra embraces her in return and carries her over to the others who rejoice, they thanked her, and advise her not to hate herself, they tell her to be herself. But Cassandra was shocked to see Ophelia was bleeding. It was the mark from the taser. She called out for some help and then turned to Ophelia, "Wha--what did you do?" exclaimed Cassandra, desperation in her voice. Ophelia smiled calmly to herself, "I did it, I felt it Cass." She said softly. "Felt what?" Cassandra asked. "Acceptance, cured....Perfect. I was perfect inside and out...." muttered Ophelia, before she passed out. She was recovering in the medical center where she is going to be OK. The wound was healed a little, thanks to Cassandra's powers that made Ophelia's deep cut bled less. Ophelia is awake now as she is talking to the others and laughing along with them. Cassandra is happy for her as things are going to be OK. Later on, Cassandra has another vision somehow and rushed over to tell the others; she reports that she saw a vision of Branwen who was singing to herself, "Going to take the Wends like herded sheep as we head fathom below....

In the meantime; 3 years ago....History is about to repeat itself again! 15 year old Loki Sylvester was a regular outcast in middle school; shy, insecure, and not so confident of himself. He is constantly bullied, tortured by his science teacher, bullied by his literature teacher but the only people that is nice to him is his coach and physical education teacher, his math teacher, and his counselor that he always talks to. Loki is being picked on by Delphyne Jahab and her friends: Joseph, Izanami, Dionysus, Vanadis, Skadi, Demeter, Ingvin, Vulcan and Medusa. He hates being humiliated and picked on all the time. But there are a few students that he idolized and are nice to him too. Damien  McCumhaill and his brothers: Louis, Cidney, and Robin. Loki wanted to be cool and great just like them. But one day, something goes awry where Delphyne and her friends claimed that the McCumhaill Brothers were coming but it was all a trick. Loki was branded and stripped. He was blackmailed however Loki went into a rage and try to attack but he fell as he hit his head. Delphyne and the others were not laughing anymore! "Is he dead?" asked Vanadis with fear, now she was feeling guilty. The others checked as they learn he was alive but not waking up. Izanami begin to cry, "Oh God, what did we do?" She sobbed. She begin to scream and cry in fear of what just happened. Until Ingvin calms her down with a slap to the face, telling to get it together as they realize this was serious and not so funny anymore. They were panicking of what they should do. Dionysus decided to take him to a hospital and didn't care what anyone thought. 

"No way in hell we're going to get away with this." Dionysus retorted. They went and took him to the hospital. Loki's abusive mother, who had abused and neglected her son, was away on a trip. She wouldn't be back anytime soon. At the hospital, the doctor reported about Loki's condition: "He's in a coma, it's unlikely when he's going to wake up." He was curious to know how they found him. So Delphyne and her friends told the doctor that they were going to see him because he was sick and they found him unconscious. The doctor was suspicious, but he nods. Delphyne, Joseph, Izanami, Dionysus, Vanadis, Skadi, Demeter, Ingvin, Vulcan and Medusa made a vow not to tell anyone about this and they decide to forget about it. Little did they know, things were about to get ugly. While in his coma; Loki was crying as he is haunted by the jeering and the laughter from others. "Why....I hate this, I hate being abused by my mother, my classmates....WHY?!" He cried but then some sort of angel came to him. Her name was Sigyn Meridian came to him, "Do you seek justice?" She said. "I will give you great powers beyond your wildest dreams...If you want revenge against those that tormented you in middle school, these powers will be given and vengeance will be yours." Loki is intrigued and nods with a serious look on his face, "Yes. I'll do it." He answered. Sigyn smiled, she kissed his cheek and then Loki is given a lot of different paranormal abilities; Psychokinesis, Snake, Pig, Ice, Ghost, Magic, Fire and Mirror. "Good luck, my darling, when you wake up; you will be spell-bounding." whispered Sigyn against his skin and then she vanished.  

Years into the present, at the hospital. The doctor and nurse were going to check and see how Loki is doing. They opened the door to see that Loki is covered with a sheet and they are curious to know why. When they pulled the sheet off; the doctor was shocked, the nurse dropped her clipboard as she nearly swoons but managed to get a grip. Loki woke up from his coma, he looked at them, "What? Is something wrong?" He asked. "My word. You--you look." stuttered the doctor. "I look what?" Loki demanded. "Can you give me a mirror?" "Don't worry, it's not that...serious." said the doctor. Loki grabs him and shouts, "I said, HAND ME A MIRROR! RIGHT NOW!!!!" The doctor turns to the nurse, "Mirror! Hurry!" He instructed. The nurse gives him the mirror from her pocket and hands it to the doctor, who gives it to Loki. When Loki looks at his reflection; he couldn't believe it. "Wha...Is that...Is that me?" asked Loki. He then begin to giggle madly and then he laughed and laughed like a maniac. When he faced the doctor and nurse, it turns out that he has a pretty face. His features, his eyes, everything looked as if they have been sculpted beautifully. "This--This is amazing. I--I can't believe, I looks so much better. So beautiful...Ha, ha. Ha ha ha ha! I'm beautiful! BEAUTIFUL!!!!" He laughed and laughed like a maniac as the doctor and nurse glance at one another in fear. It seems things were not going to be pretty. At all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment