Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Eye of the Storm--A Song About A Woman Who Was a Victim to Abuse and Still Smiles Today

This is a song I wrote for a woman who I know and she had been through countless abuse all her life. I dedicate this song to her, for she is a good person no matter what. --KatDon 

Oh, she is the most prettiest babe in the woods. 
There was an old man who wreck her, her mama don't believe her
Daddy was a drunk and life at home was hell. But she managed to pull through
In the handbasket hellfire. 

(Chorus) 
Her life is like a storm, she always is in the eye of the storm. 
She always wears a smile and keeps on the right track no matter what
Hey girl, how did you get yourself in the eye of the storm? 
How can you make the raging tempest stop in your path? 
Girl, you deserve better you know, better than these demons in your life
Girl, you're a good girl with a family who are monsters. 

First man was just a psycho, she had her baby with him and that guy was gone. 
Second one was worst, beat the heck out of her for being drunk on his own 
Now she has two daughters and they are the cutest things
Poor kids' papas are the most worst fathers ever, give them an award shining with musky dirt. 

Kids saw a drunk negro man beating her up, they must have been scared out of their wits. 
The negro's sisters call her a hussy in the most explicit way but she keeps her head up 
No matter what, her mama expects her to pay more money because it's on her and she 
Doesn't give a damn because it's all on her. 

Girl, maybe I don't know what goes on but I know how you feel. 
See, I got a daddy who was mean to me and my family
He abused mama, he hurt me if I did something wrong. 
Hey girl, you wanna come over here and not hang out with these monsters you call your family? 
I know your brothers don't care about the kids, they ask you if they're all dead. 

How can you deal with a family like that? 
They couldn't care less, can't they shed a little sympathy? 
Don't they love you? If that's love, they got a funny way of showing it y'know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment