Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 23, 2015

Uranometria: Luna di Sangue--Chapter 8

This is it, the last of Luna di Sangue.  So I thank you, thank you very much and please read & enjoy! --KatDon 

Chapter 8: Hour of the Assassin 


There is a sparring match between Pintosmalto and Signora Rosaura. "You ready?" The boy asked the girl. "Come on, bad boy! Come and get me." said a girl, posing in a seduction dare. The young man is surprised to see her that way, "Damn, here goes..." He said. The girl prepared herself and bounces off as she cried, "He-yah!" "Wha--?" The boy thought, he dodged her and the girl smiled at him and took him down after he dodged. "Haha, I got passed you. And you thought I was a distressed damsel." She remarked. The boy looked at her with amazement, "Whoa, I think I like you Hilda." He said.  "I'll bet you like this." Hilda  said, she jumped and stretch out her leg to kick him: "Yah!" She lets her leg dropped. The boy dodged her, "You're good." He replied. "Thanks, I learned from the best." Hilda said. The boy laughed, "Oh, you laugh huh Sigurd?" remarked Hilda. Sigurd attack, grabbed Hilda in a chokehold around her neck, "Ah--! Oh my--!" Hilda gasped. But she got the upperhand and got him however she leaned over and liplock before pulling away, "Admit it, I'm good." She said. "So good, really, really good." remarked Sigurd. Hilda stood up and walked away. In the light of the moon; there was a young lady in a white kimono, she had her kitana its sheath tied near her hip and wore tabi socks and wooden geta shoes on her feet. Her hair in a high bun, a stoic look upon her beautiful face, and was standing on the roof of the highest buildng. "A new moon, fresh for the striking kill." said the woman. Then, the white kimono attired lady jumps from the roof and glided into the night. Meanwhile, there was a meeting so intese with someone name Aslaug. "What do you want, Aslaug?" demanded Cassandra. Aslaug shrugged, "Just to help you, Miss Psyche Durga." She remarked. Ancinto touched Cassandra's shoulder, "Don't listen to her, she's trying to seduce your mind into madness." She said. Her mother came into the conversation, "Precious Aslaug, you went down that rabbit hole before and there's no way we can pull you out. I apologize." She said. Aslaug smiled bitterly, "It's fine, Mom. Really it is." She said. 


Glaring at Cassandra, she retorted by saying: "But Cass, you and I are the same. It won't be long until you lose someone precious to you again. Over and over until it drives you so mad that you become someone else."  She had a dark look in her eyes. Ancinto gave her a look, "Aslaug, that's enough." He said. Aslaug continued to speak in a snarky tone, "You think you can make Cass your angel, your princess, I already know who she is and she knows what would happen now. She can 'see' it, right Cassie?" Mimir glared at her, "Aslaug, stop it." He said. Aslaug turned to her mother, "Mom, I went through madness didn't I? You know, Cass. I lost some people too." She said. Her mother looked desperate, "I helped you out." claimed Grimhild. Aslaug showed her dark eyes that had tints of purple in them. "And look what happened to me now." She said. Signora Rosaura gasped. Her mother begin to speak in a sarcastic manner, "Oh sure, you and your powers." Grimhild said. "You'll be going down, down, down until...Should I tell her?" taunted Aslaug. Mimir was getting irritated, "No." He said. Cassandra was eager to know, "What?" She asked. Aslaug glanced at her, "Oh, should I tell you?" Aslaug asked. "Aslaug!" Mimir scolded. "No, she should know. Prince Pintosmalto and his friends are targeted by an assassin. His name is Watatsumi Samebito."  explained Aslaug, looking all smug. Cassandra looked shocked, "Watatsumi?" she asked. Aslaug grinned, "Yes, him. He's gotta kill somebody and Pinto here is about to meet his maker." She said. Ancinto glanced at her, "Aslaug, don't even." Aslaug noticed Pintosmalto and his girlfriend looked uncomfortable so she got out of her chair and went behind them, her hands coiled on the back of their chairs. "Look at these two, they look at the same as Reuben and Judy. So cute, what a cute couple." She said. Her pointy nailed hands coiled around their necks like snakes. "Let me show you what the kill will be." retorted Aslaug. Her hands coiled towards their necks, where their jugulars were and she squeezed them into a choking position. Nora Rosa gasped, Pintosmalto grunting in great pain. Cassandra got pissed: "GET AWAY FROM THEM!!!" shouted Cassandra. She used her telekinetic powers as every object in the air as everyone cowered in fear and trying to shield themselves from the battle between Cassandra and Aslaug. 


Signora Rosaura and Pintosmalto watch as Cass float in the air in great horror. "Are you sure about this, Cass?!" Aslaug demanded, floating in the air. "Cass, enough!" called Mimir. "Cassandra, snap out of it!" Giuseppe called. Aslaug begin to laugh, "Aww! Look at her, she's losing her head on sanity." bullied Aslaug. "Cass, dear. Please, calm down." said Grimhild. More of the objects coming up by the force of the mind powers. "Now she's going among mad people once she loses someone again and again, she's already closer to insanity than I was!" shouted Aslaug. "That's not true, Asla!" cried out Mimir. "Get out of here!" Cassandra commanded. Aslaug laughed again, but in a more hysterical way of barmy craziness. In the meantime, there was a girl singing: "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. When I feel afraid, think I've lost my way....Still You're there right beside me, Nothing will I fear as long as you are near, Please be near me to the end....Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path." Then, she begins to hum to herself. She sings again: "Nothing will I fear as long as you are near, Please be near me to the end.....Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. And a light unto my path, You're the light unto my path."

Cassandra turned around and glared at the two. "What--what the hell are you doing here?" She demanded. "Waiting for you to wake up." Pintosmalto answered. Cassandra looked at him, "Why?" She asked. Pintosmalto smirked at her, "Just want to say that somehow I look like someone I used to know. Reuben, is that right?" He said. "What?" Cassandra gasped. Pintosmalto snubbed her, "And Arcturus, am I correct?" He inquired. Cassandra looked annoyed, "You people don't know when to stay out of my business, huh." She remarked. Pintosmalto shrugged, "Well, tragedies come around. You went through hell." He said. Cassandra rolled her eyes, "You don't understand, it's not just tragedies and it's not a big deal. Not with Reuben  or Judy or the others but..." She said. But stopped and Signora Rosaura and Pintosmalto looked at her. Cassandra begin to cry, "They were my friends, my friends...They had hopes and dreams, they were supposed to lead a future. Now their dreams are gone...and so are they." She sobbed. Pintosmalto looked at her for a moment and turned away but he said, "You're not the only one with misfortunes...All of us had been throug a lot. In a shooting, Tithonous loss 12 of his best friends while attending this awesome actio flick they went to see. Tithonous survived, he was lucky but not his friends. Betta was a helper for a bunch of kids at an elementary school and witnesed it all while hiding in the closet of the classroom but then she saw the guy take...his own life." Cassandra was astonished to hear this however Pintosmalto continued, Ronald was attending this marathon when a bomb went off and people died however some survived but lost their limbs. Some were mentally damaged. Theobald, Romar, Signora Rosaura, and I went through I survived from a tsunami one time as we almost died. We had servere injuries and we helped others find their families. I almost lost my friends...And the love of my life." 


How did they get here? Well, let's go back. Shall we? 


Earlier before....


In the light of the moon; there was a young lady in a white kimono, she had her kitana its sheath tied near her hip and wore tabi socks and wooden geta shoes on her feet. Her hair in a high bun, a stoic look upon her beautiful face, and was standing on the roof of the highest building. "A new moon, fresh for the striking kill." said the woman. Then, the white kimono attired lady jumps from the roof and glided into the night. The woman is an assassin, her name is Sayohime Matsura and she kills people because it's her duties to take down those that are destined to die--It's part of her job. Today, her assignment is to murder Silver Branch agent: Cassandra Endymion! Unknown to her; Sayohime will discover the secret truth of Cassandra! Meanwhile; Mimir and Cassandra was called in for a meeting but King Giuseppe, Prince Pintosmalto, Signora Rosaura, and Palendina. However there was some unexpected people coming too--There was a 30 something man in a wheelchair, a woman with dark red hair that was mid-length, and a woman in her 40's with a suit. The man seemed authoriative, he wore a grey suit and he was a nice guy, his name is Ancinto. The woman has a beehive hairdo in an elegant manner and wore outfits of something aristocrats would be seen dressed in and her name is Grimhild. The beautiful young lady was striking, she has dark red hair and usually wears provocative clothing.  This was the cocky, rebellious Aslaug. "What do you want, Aslaug?" demanded Cassandra. Aslaug shrugged, "Just to help you, Miss Psyche Durga." She remarked. Ancinto touched Cassandra's shoulder, "Don't listen to her, she's trying to seduce your mind into madness." She said. Her mother came into the conversation, "Precious Aslaug, you went down that rabbit hole before and there's no way we can pull you out. I apologize." She said. Aslaug smiled bitterly, "It's fine, Mom. Really it is." She said. 


Glaring at Cassandra, she retorted by saying: "But Cass, you and I are the same. It won't be long until you lose someone precious to you again. Over and over until it drives you so mad that you become someone else."  She had a dark look in her eyes. Ancinto gave her a look, "Aslaug, that's enough." He said. Aslaug continued to speak in a snarky tone, "You think you can make Cass your angel, your princess, I already know who she is and she knows what would happen now. She can 'see' it, right Cassie?" Mimir glared at her, "Aslaug, stop it." He said. Aslaug turned to her mother, "Mom, I went through madness didn't I? You know, Cass. I lost some people too." She said. Her mother looked desperate, "I helped you out." claimed Grimhild. Aslaug showed her dark eyes that had tints of purple in them. "And look what happened to me now." She said. Signora Rosaura gasped. Her mother begin to speak in a sarcastic manner, "Oh sure, you and your powers." Grimhild said. "You'll be going down, down, down until...Should I tell her?" taunted Aslaug. Mimir was getting irritated, "No." He said. Cassandra was eager to know, "What?" She asked. Aslaug glanced at her, "Oh, should I tell you?" Aslaug asked. "Aslaug!" Mimir scolded. "No, she should know. Prince Pintosmalto and his friends are targeted by an assassin. His name is Watatsumi Samebito."  explained Aslaug, looking all smug. Cassandra looked shocked, "Watatsumi?" she asked. Aslaug grinned, "Yes, him. He's gotta kill somebody and Pinto here is about to meet his maker." She said. Ancinto glanced at her, "Aslaug, don't even." Aslaug noticed. Pintosmalto and his girlfriend looked uncomfortable so she got out of her chair and went behind them, her hands coiled on the back of their chairs. "Look at these two, they look at the same as Reuben and Judy. So cute, what a cute couple." She said. Her pointy nailed hands coiled around their necks like snakes. "Let me show you what the kill will be." retorted Aslaug. Her hands coiled towards their necks, where their jugulars were and she squeezed them into a choking position. Nora Rosa gasped, Pintosmalto grunting in great pain. Cassandra got pissed: "GET AWAY FROM THEM!!!" shouted Cassandra. She used her telekinetic powers as every object in the air as everyone cowered in fear and trying to shield themselves from the battle between Cassandra and Aslaug. 


Signora Rosaura and Pintosmalto watch as Cass float in the air in great horror. "Are you sure about this, Cass?!" Aslaug demanded, floating in the air. "Cass, enough!" called Mimir. "Cassandra, snap out of it!" Giuseppe called. Aslaug begin to laugh, "Aww! Look at her, she's losing her head on sanity." bullied Aslaug. "Cass, dear. Please, calm down." said Grimhild. More of the objects coming up by the force of the mind powers. "Now she's going among mad people once she loses someone again and again, she's already closer to insanity than I was!" shouted Aslaug. "That's not true, Asla!" called Ancinto. "Get out of here!" Cassandra commanded. Aslaug laughed again, but in a more hysterical way of barmy craziness. "Aslaug, don't make me come over there!" hollered Grimhild. The battle of minds continued! "I am so sick of everyone treating you like you're the all loving heroine! There's nothing heroic about you, Cassie! Seriously, Cassie girl, better watch your back sweetheart! You don't want to get BURNED!!!!!!!!!!!" screamed Aslaug. "I'll burn you if you ever come near my friends again." replied Cassandra darkly, forcing Aslaug out of the meeting room. Later; Cassandra feels a deja-vu coming up, Aslaug was right--The assassin Watatsumi Samebito was after Pintosmalto and his friends. Cassandra couldn't make the same mistake like she lost her friends in the prom massacre, nor Arcturus and the others, never again. "I lost them once, I'm not losing them again." Cassandra told herself repeatedly. She looked out the window and could see Pintosmalto & Signora Rosaura together, "I promised myself I would protect them." thought Cassandra. She turned away from the window as the memories of Reuben and Judy haunt her so much. Cass remembered that before Reuben and Judy became a couple; she once had a crush on Reuben before senior year in high school. She was in love, she had her first kiss however the same went for Judy. Cass learned Judy and Reuben were a couple after she found Judy's notebook that had something on the back, R + J, on it. Cassandra was crestfallen nevertheless she gave up her love for Reuben so her best friend Judy could be happy. 

Cassandra expressed her happiness for Judy dating Reuben, she knew she couldn't have Reuben but it was OK because as long as her best friend was happy. Alas, they wer dead and she couldn't save them. Just then, an agent comes in. "Miss Endymion, someone wants to see you." The agent said. Curious; Cassandra left the room and came to see someone in a plaid buttoned down shirt with color dyed jeans and a wristband around her left wrist. "Um, can I help you?" asked Cassandra. Sayohime looked at her, "Are you Cassandra Endymion?" She asked. Cassandra nodded, "Yes." She said. Sayohime beckoned her, "Come with me, let's talk somewhere more private." replied Sayohime. Cassandra shrugged, "OK." She said. Cassandra followed her, however Pintosmalto watched them go as he sensed something was wrong with Sayohime. As they were walking; Sayohime pulled out her gun and pulled the trigger on Cassandra. Sayohime smirks at her smugly however her smile faded as she noticed Cassandra wasn't falling and to her shock; the bullet that hit her suddenly popped out. Sayohime couldn't believe it, "What--? THAT SHOULD'VE KILLED YOU!!!" She exclaimed. Cassandra gave the girl a small smile, "Sorry, bullets don't do anything." She said bluntly. Sayohime grunted, she was about to pull her sword out but Cass spoke out again: "You can try to slice me but that won't do anything as well. It's the same result as the bullets." Sayohime noticed that Cassandra's wound had already healed, this shocked her completely. "What is that?" asked Sayohime. Cassandra shuffled her feet and rolled her head back before smiling, "Simple, I'm bulletproof. Titanium. Stone hard. Impassable. Imprevious." She answered. Sayohime was interested, "I see." She said. Cassandra looked at her, "Who are you?" She asked. "You wanna know? I'll tell you, my name is Sayohime Matsura and I'm an Oban Assassin." replied Sayohime. A few minutes later; Cassandra got the whole story from her. It turns out Sayohime Matsura is an assassin out to kill Cassandra in order to reclaim her honor as one of the best assassins of The Great Watch Assassins. Cassandra listens and comes in about Watatsumi, Sayohime is familiar with him. Sayohime listened to Cassandra's explanation about how Samebito is out to kill Pintosmalto and his friends. "Why do you care about these people?" Sayohime asked. "Because, I made a promise to protect them." replied Cassandra. When Sayohime heard this, she was stunt to hear this. She remembered something of a man making a promise to her, "I swear to protect you, Sayo. That's my assignment." He said. Sayohime was shocked to hear this however she went away. 


In the meantime; There is a sparring match between Pintosmalto and Signora Rosaura. "You ready?" The boy asked the girl. "Come on, bad boy! Come and get me." said Signora Rosa, posing in a seduction dare. Pintosmalto is surprised to see her that way, "Damn, here goes..." He said. Nora Rosa prepared herself and bounces off as she cried, "He-yah!" "Wha--?" Pinto thought, he dodged her and the girl smiled at him and took him down after he dodged. "Haha, I got passed you. And you thought I was a distressed damsel." She remarked. Pintosmalto looked at her with amazement, "Whoa, I think I like you Nora Rosa." He said.  "I'll bet you like this." Signora Rosaura  said, she jumped and stretch out her leg to kick him: "Yah!" She lets her leg dropped. Pintosmalto dodged her, "You're good." He replied. "Thanks, I learned from the best." Signora Rosaura  said. The boy laughed, "Oh, you laugh huh Pinto?" remarked Signora Rosaura. Pinto attack, grabbed Nora Rosa in a chokehold around her neck, "Ah--! Oh my--!" Signora Rosaura gasped. But she got the upperhand and got him however she leaned over and liplock before pulling away, "Admit it, I'm good." She said. "So good, really, really good." remarked Pintosmalto. Signora Rosaura stood up and walked away. Sigurd followed her, "Any good sleep?" He asked. Signora Rosaura was uncomfortable, "No. But I felt like someone was calling to me, that voice said, 'My dear, sweet girl. Fear not, for I am watching over you.'" "Who is that?" asked Pintosmalto. "I don't know, I wish I did." Signora Rosaura remarked, she leaned her elbows over the balcony. She felt someone's arm around her wasist and looked to see Pinto beside her. "Don't worry, it'll come back to you. One day." He said. Signora Rosaura smiled at him and lean her head on his shoulders. 


In her sleep; Casandra had a dream: The soldiers attacked, puncturing Casss's body abdomen. Cassandra felt anger, the wounds on her body begin to vanish from her skin. Now she was pissed, the soldiers looked scared so they try to leave but Cassa held them against their will and then killed them one by one with her telekinetic powers in the most violent way. Waking up; Cassandra  screamed in terror, "NOOOO, NOT ME!" It was all a nightmare buts she couldn’t stop screaming. Hearing her screaming, Pintosmalto taking both her shoulders, "Cass, wake up!" He asked. Cass was still exclaiming, "NOT ME! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE, HAVE MERCY!" "Cass, snap out of it!" Pinto said, shaking her. "MERCY!" Cassandra cried, "PLEASE!" "It's OK, Cassandra. we're here.” Nora Rosa soothed. Cassandra begin to sob, the only thing that her friends could do was comfort her. “It’s OK, Cass. It’s OK. We're here. It’s OK." Later on, Cassandra was scrubbing dishes as Pintosmalto approach her, "Hi." He said. Cassandra turned to him, "Hi." She said. "What you doing?" asked Pintosmalto. "What does it look like, silly? I'm washing the dishes." Cassandra said. "Oh, sorry." Pintosmalto said. He sat there, watching her as she scrubbed the dishes. Cassandra blushed from him observing her. She almost stab herself while cleaning a knife. It wasn't silent, creepy and freaky but it was a more calming and serenity quietude. "Hey, Cass?" Pintosmalto asked, after long periods of silence. "Yes?" Cassandra said. "There's a festival going on, you want to go there with my friends?" asked Pintosmalto. Cassandra shifted around and continued to wash, "I don't know, you want me to?" She asked. Pintosmalto shrugged, "I don't know, you want to go?" He asked. "Sure, why not?" Cassandra said. "Is that a yes?" Pintosmalto asked.  "It's a yes." Cassandra said with a smile. While at the festival; Cassandra was having a blast with Pintosmalto and the gang however Cass has a vision of Watatsumi Samebito making his move closer and closer with each step he took. Cass got Pintosmalto and the gang away but Watatsumi try to get closer however Sayohime stops him enough for Cassandra and the gang to escape.  


"What are you doing?" Betta asked. Cass turned to her and replied, "Trying to save you from certain death." Pintosmalto looked at her, "You don't have to protect either of us." He said. Cassandra looked tensed, "I'm not losing anyone again this time." She said. Pintosmalto reached over, Cassandra flushed and looked at him. "Stop, we want to fight back. It's OK." He said. This left her stunt but that wasn't it. Cassandra looked at his face, somehow he reminds her of someone. She then saw a vision of Reuben. Cassandra trembled as she begin to clutch her head. "No, I--Reuben." She muttered, "Reuben, I'll never let you die. Don't die..." Pintosmalto looked at her with concern, "Hey, are you OK? You look unwell. Can I get you a drink of water or something to eat?" He asked. Cass took a step back, "Please. Stay away, stay back. I--" She muttered. Flashback etched in her mind of her and Reuben and Judy laughing. Cassandra was so in devastation. "Reuben..." She whispered. Signora Rosaura looked at her, "Um, are you're OK? I'm not sure--" She place a hand on her forehead but the two of them suddenly saw visions in their mind. Cassandra try to push them away, "Let go of me! Ah!" She gasped. But they could see images in her head that were memories: These people are there to celebrate the senior high school students' last day before they graduate. There were high school graduates: 20 year old Cassandra Endymion, who was having a blast with friends: Reuben, Judy, Danielle, Asher, Benjamin, Josephine, and Ephraim. This will be their last day with one another so they decide to make the most of the night with one another. But this prom night was going to take a darker turn, a man in a tuxedo came up to the microphone and said, "All right! It's time to announce the winners of this year's Prom King and Queen." He had a small envelope in his hand and rips it up. "And the winners are....REUBEN MATTHEWS AND JUDY DAVIS!" Everyone broke into an applause, Reuben and Judy went to the stage to accept their crowns as Judy is given a bouquet of roses. 


Just then, unexpected visitors crashed the party with loaded guns and started a massacre. They shot at other people who fell to the floor. Panic filled everyone else, they try to flee but some were shot in the process. Cassandra watched in horror as her friends were being shot at. She noticed that Reuben was panting of the wound bleeding from there as he cries out, "Ohhh, the pain." Judy noticed Cassandra there and calls out, "Get away from here Cass!" "Save yourself Cass!" Asher called out, "Get away from here!" However they were all shot at as Cassandra screamed with terror. Cassandra was getting prepared for a job interview, she had a resume prepared with her. She took a shower motionless, she slowly clean her hair and body. Then, she got dressed and put on lip gloss. As she went to the interview; it doesn't go smoothly. The sounds of a loud boom set off Cassandra as she screamed while remembering the tragic incident. The employer then said after Cassandra calmed down, "I cannot hire someone who cannot get her act together. Go get some therapy and come back as a sane lady!" Cassandra was humiliated of this, she walked out with tears in her eyes and drove away. As she got back home; Cassandra takes a bubble bath. As her feet were at the foot of the tub, she rested her eyelids and slid underwater. Cassandra opened her eyes and emerged from the water of the bath, gasping for breath. Then, Cassandra could not look at her mother when she got out of the bath and hurried to her room. One day, Cassandra was going to another job interview and entered an elevator but on the elevator buttons, there was a rabbit on there. Curious, Cassandra pressed it as she then suddenly felt the elevator going faster and twisting around and around. "Am I going to crash?" She wondered, "No, it can't end like this! It can't!" Cassandra screamed in utter terror. Cassandra stared at everyone fighting and rolled her eyes up to the ceiling, then she flexed out her hand and yelled, "SHUT UP!!!" The others were lifted from the ground, Cassandra couldn't believe that she was the only doing this. Then she drops them down safely, she sighed and smiled. "Now, tell me....who's a misfit?" asked Cassandra with a witty look on her face. The others stared up in amazement, "Ohhhh...." They chorused. 


One minute later; Samson, Justice, Echo, Proteus, Kamaitachi, Christopher, Lleu, Hanuman and Zaden were standing up like soldiers. Cassandra paced left and right from them. "Listen up!" She said to them. "We come from different places of our homes, and brought here for an unknown reason. So, If we're going to find some answers, we need to ventured to the unknown and find this person responsible for this; we must put our colors--our personalities aside--and become one....Any questions?" Borvo raised his hand, "Ma'm, I have one." He said. Cassandra turned to him, "Yes Borvo?" She asked. Borvo then talked normally, "Um...Exactly where do we start?" Cassandra nodded, thinking about that. "Ah, that's a very good question my friend." She turned to the horizon of the city, pointing over to a building. "You see that building over there? This building stands out than the rest of them, it has stained glass windows. I'm curious to know what's in there." Memories were flaunting out, it was insane. "What the--?" Signora Rosaura thought, "What is all this?" Cassandra thrash about violently, "Stop it!" She cried. "Get out, GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY HEAD, STAY OUT OF MY MIND! BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!" More memories invaded into Nora Rosa and Pinto's head, they saw terror: Cassandra’s eyes bulged in horror."Our great heroes are honored at long last but you won't be honored when I play...This!" A large TV image plays of someone entering a movie cinema. Cassandra couldn’t believe it, "It can't be!" She gasped. Next was gunshots, people screaming. It shows images of Cassandra’s friends and other people being shot at. "Oh my..." Mimir gasped. "Oh no...!" Trygve cursed. Everyone was horrified by these images however Ector and his friends laughed. They was in hysterics of this. They thought this was all so funny? How dare they…Cassandra’s body tremble but felt a rough hand on her back, "Bitch, are you gonna cry--" Ector said. Cassandra turned to him fiercely with her telekinesis. Ector flew back into a column. "Ohhh!" The crowd gasped. "Uh oh." Lleu said softly. "Cass." Samson muttered. Jack was furious at Ector, he ran over at him and cried, "You will pay for that!!!!!!" "Jack!" Bellerphon cried. Too late, Ector pulled out a gun and fired at Jack. Jack fell to the ground, "Nooooo! Jack..." Cassandra screamed. She rushed over to him. Cassandra felt hot tears running down her face, she turned to Ector. Her veins pulsed with anger. A turning point where her powers are activating. She looked up and spread out her arms, where her powers bend the lights from above. 


Everyone looked up in horror. "Oh crap..." Hanuman thought. Proteus forced the doors opened and shouted, "Everyone out NOW!!!!" Immediately; the crowd rushes out. Borvo and Juniper look back, they were concerned about their friend. "Cass!" They both cried, Zaden seized them both and said, "Come on, let's go!" Borvo and Juniper  tried to struggle but Zaden pulled them away.  In the abandoned party, Cassandra and Ector were the only ones in there, Ector tried to attack her but Cassandra flexed her hand, telekinetically choking him by the throat. She threw him backwards and he landed there. Cassandra uses her powers to cause a fire. The others peeked inside, what they saw was hell. The whole place was scorched of fire. Fire, fire was all around. Tears pooling and cascading down Cassandra's eyes as she was filled with rage. She faced the person that had destroyed her, murdered her school peers at the dance. Now, it was getting personal. No more Miss Sweet, she was pissed! But the doors closed automatically. She wanted to kill him however she realized something, this wasn't sure about this and lets him live. Pintosmalto was horrified, "Ah...What...?" He thought. "Stop this..." He saw in his mind of people burnt to death. Signora Rosaura was tormented by these memories too as she screeched, "AUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH, WHAT ARE YOU?!" Suddenly, a telekinetic force killed all of the incoming monsters! Cass passed out in horror as Pinto and Signora Rosaura escaped while escorting her. As they were safely hidden out of sight; Signora Rosaura was looking at the unconscious Cassandra and she attempts to reach over her forehead, but Pintosmalto stopped her: "Don't Nora Rosa, we've seen enough haven't we?" He said. "No, let me see one more thing...Please?" Signora Rosaura pleaded softly. Pintosmalto looked at her, then he nodded. "OK." He said. 


Nora Rosa reached over and grazed her fingers upon Cassandra's forehead where she could see another memory in Cass's head: There was a funeral for the fallen: The murdered members of Silver Branch are honored. Arturus, Findabair, Llwch, Hector, Emrys, Nudd, Marcus, Maponos, Drustan, and Bernard were found dead as well as three other bodies--Kephas, Demetri, and Alexis. As it turned out; the three of them had betrayed Melisande. They had given the experimental chemicals to Damon and Heidi to experiment on Ophelia. When Melisande found out, she was so upset that she broke down and murdered them with her psychic powers and Tristan found her shrieking and her hands covered with blood. Tristan managed to coax her down as Melisande blubbered, "I TRUSTED THEM!!!! I TRUSTED THEM!!!!" over and over again. This also took a toll on the other members. Brynhilde, Naveen, Sparrow, Damocles, Hansel, Barka, Stavr, Orvor, Pyramus, Thisbe, Knutine, Patroklos, his friends and brother, Tobit, Sarah, Vanahgn, his pals, Elric, his comrades, Ligeia, Tannhauser, their allies, Melusine and her squad departed from Silver Brahcn to go back to the worlds they came from but give Cassandra and the others a heart a gratitude and will see them soon one day. Cassandra is sad but she understands as she and the other agents said goodbye. Nora Rosa took her hands away from Cass's temples and was dazed by what she'd seen. "Wow, with so much going on; she was tryng to protect us from the repeative pasts she's been through." Signora Rosaura said. Pintosmalto looked at her, "Is that why--?" He asked. Signora Rosaura nodded, "In a way. Yeah, I guess she had some problems with herself too." 


All of a sudden, someone was singing in a pretty voice: "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. When I feel afraid, think I've lost my way....Still You're there right beside me, Nothing will I fear as long as you are near, Please be near me to the end....Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path." The singing was coming from Cass, who must be singing in her sleep or perhaps she's awake but her eyes are closed. "Nothing will I fear as long as you are near, Please be near me to the end.....Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path. And a light unto my path, You're the light unto my path." When Cass woke up, she muttered to herself: "Oh man...Was I singing just now?" "Yes." Nora Rosa said. Cassandra turned around and glared at the two. "What--what the hell are you doing here?" She demanded. "Waiting for you to wake up." Pintosmalto answered. Cassandra looked at him, "Why?" She asked. Pintosmalto smirked at her, "Just want to say that somehow I look like someone I used to know. Reuben, is that right?" He said. "What?" Cassandra gasped. Pintosmalto snubbed her, "And Arcturus, am I correct?" He inquired. Cassandra looked annoyed, "You people don't know when to stay out of my business, huh." She remarked. Pintosmalto shrugged, "Well, tragedies come around. You went through hell." He said. Cassandra rolled her eyes, "You don't understand, it's not just tragedies and it's not a big deal. Not with Reuben  or Judy or the others but..." She said. But stopped and Signora Rosaura and Pintosmalto looked at her. Cassandra begin to cry, "They were my friends, my friends...They had hopes and dreams, they were supposed to lead a future. Now their dreams are gone...and so are they." She sobbed. Pintosmalto looked at her for a moment and turned away but he said, "You're not the only one with misfortunes...All of us had been throug a lot. In a shooting, Tithonous loss 12 of his best friends while attending this awesome actio flick they went to see. Tithonous survived, he was lucky but not his friends. Betta was a helper for a bunch of kids at an elementary school and witnesed it all while hiding in the closet of the classroom but then she saw the guy take...his own life." Cassandra was astonished to hear this however Pintosmalto continued, "Ronald was attending this marathon when a bomb went off and people died however some survived but lost their limbs. Some were mentally damaged. Theobald, Romar, Signora Rosaura, and I survived from a tsunami one time as we almost died. We had servere injuries and we helped others find their families. I almost lost my friends..." 

Then, he glanced over at Nora Rosa who gave him a watery smiled as he said, "...And the love of my life..." Cassandra, too, had a rheumy grin upon her face, "Wow...I never knew. But it's so beautiful how you managed to survive. Now that I think about it, my friends are dead but I'm still here." She said. Pintosmalto cupped her face in his hands, "You don't have to protect us, we can defend for ourselves but thank you for helping us." He said. Cassandra smiled, "My pleasure, Reuben." She said. Cass realized what she said, "I mean, Pinto." She replied. "Don't get kissy with him, Cassandra." Signora Rosaura said, giving her a look. "Whatever you say...Judy." Cassandra remarked. Cassandra, Pintosmalto, and Nora Rosa all laughed. It felt pretty good, really, and things were going to be OK. In the meantime; Sayohime was alone as she couldn't help but wonder about one thing, why did she saved that girl? What was she anyway? And what she said about protecting someone? It didn't make any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment