Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

KatDon: Behind the Writing of Phenomenon Serendipity

Here's the story of how I created Phenomenon Serendipity so please read and see for yourselves! Please enjoy, thanks. --KatDon 

I had been fascinated with crossovers since she was a child. There was Cartoon All Stars; an anti drug program featuring cartoons such as Loonie Tunes, TMNT, Winnie the Pooh and more. Then, along came Kingdom Hearts: A boy name Sora wielding the power of the Keyblade. He is aided by Donald Duck and Goofy as they travel in a Gummy Ship while facing against the shadow monsters called Heartless! Ever since then, I have come up with ideas and daydreaming. As I got older, it got darker and darker with each year passing. It was then 2011 where I found her inspiration: A Zack Snyder film titled Sucker Punch. And then, I was enthralled by the go go dancer turned zombie hunter with a gun leg weapon Cherry Darling. And then there was Black Swan. Originally; I wanted to add Babydoll, Rocket, Amber, Blondie and Sweet Pea to her crossover but to my dismay—Rocket, Amber and Blondie are killed. Babydoll surrenders to the High Roller, Blue Jones—the baddie—is arrested and Sweet Pea escapes while living a normal life. I was inspired by Girl Interrupted, Virgin Suicides and I Spit On Your Grave. I created troubled girls on the point of suicide until Squad 11, from the anime Bleach, saves them. And one of the girls is inspired by the singer Ke$ha. Then, it got weirder where I wanted my protagonist to team up with Captain Hitsugaya, Rangiku, Ikkaku and Yumichika in a world wind of epic proportions before going for the hero legion. It got darker as the revenge ploy in Clockwork Orange however I thought it was too dark so I scraped that idea! I originally had animes of population: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, K, Karneval, Soul Eater, Gintama (thanks to the fascination with the Shinsengumi), Deadman Wonderland, Tokyo Ravens, A Certain Magical Index, Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan. I also added No More Heroes because of how cool Travis Touchdown was. But then I lost interest and didn’t have much interest in the animes so she scraped Naruto, One Piece, K, Soul Eater, Tokyo Ravens and A Certain Magical Index because of popularity gaining while also self pressure. However, she stick to the animes I desired as I added Tiger and Bunny, Noragami and Seraph of the End. While I did this: People doubted me, saying that it couldn’t happen but I wanted to prove them wrong. But I faced a horrible reality: Folks would think I was taking copyrights and plagiarizing as my own. But that was never intentionally going to plagiarize or take copyrights, never. I dreamt of just sharing this anime crossover to everyone and would give credit to the respectful owners however I got so much anxiety that I don't know what to do. It was then I heard about the Aurora Theatre Shooting, the Sandy Hook Massacre, the Kenya mall shooting and other horrors that I use these tragic events as background stories for my characters in my anime crossover. It poignantly struck me so much, I wasn’t doing this as being insensitive but rather I was felt painfully memorable by all this and my prayers for those people. I also was inspired by the Runaways’ Cherrie Currie and Joan Jett after the 2011 biopic came out and saw female empowerment through the movie. I came up with the name of Cherry or Cherie after the name of the singer and tried using the last names of the female band mates. I then changed the names to Mia, Krystal, Jasmine, Tristana and Verona. It was then I listened to Natalia Kills’ song “Wonderland” and came up with the names: Maggie Wolfe, Sadie Towers, etc. It was then I liked the character of Briar Devlin and was going to featured her later but decided to have her as the main protagonist and changed her around in back-stories and a lot of other complicated stuff before really laying it thick. While trying to get her anime crossover onto YouTube as a podcast; someone on Tumblr told me it would get much attention if I just wrote it but I refused because it would be too much work however I caved in and one person praised me for it. Soon, I became fascinated with One Piece Timeskip….Because of Sanji’s new look and…..the Vinsmoke family, another second spot on my shit list along with the number one person: Kureto Hiragi! So I added One Piece again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment