Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Childhood Trauma: Things That Used to Scare Me as Kid

Hello folks! It's Katherine Donovan and since Halloween is coming up soon in the next month, I thought I'd like to share things that used to scare me as a kid. There are some things that you guys know, but some of you might not understand it but whatever! Anyways, this is something I'm doing like people do on YouTube. I mean, ReignBotHorror did it. :) So without further do, let's get started.....

COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG: Should've seen this coming, didn't you? Yeah, upon seeing King Ramses, the part where the mist and this creepy guy from the underworld. "Return the slaaaaabbbbbb or suffer my curse....." 



Just seeing that episode got me scared; Cartoon Network had broadcasted this show back in the 90's and this horror cartoon had gotten ReignBot to be into horror. But hearing that voice makes me scared but I'm grown up however it still creeps me out. I was so scared that I didn't want go outside. You know how Spongebob ran outside like a maniac while taking out the trash? That was me! HA! I kept looking out for King Ramses if he was gonna come around and scare the jeebeezus out of me. 



You think that was the only one episode that scared me? The McPhearson Phantom was scary. But the end of that episode that featured her when she shows up on the therapy ink blots paper, how she laughed....Yeah, I wasn't going to sleep well tonight. I could go on about COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG but you guys who were a 90's kid, you get the general idea. 



SESAME STREET: Sesame Street was a show I used to watch but now....I am scared of puppets staring into your soul....But for argument's sake, who here remembers "Don't Eat the Pictures"? There was one sequence in that episode with the security guard? He saw Oscar walk by in his trash and then the invisible cat leaps by the guard. Then, the guard hears the bell to the clock chimed and his face was startled as he looked around but it looked like he was staring into YOUR SOUL!!!!! I couldn't look at it again but it's etched into my brain forevermore. 




Who remembers that freaky head guy? It turns out he's a demon....A DEMON?! In a KID'S SHOW?! AUGHHHHH!!!!!! He looks so creepy with those eyes!!!!! The face, the voice! 


 

BABY EINSTEIN: Baby Einstein is a program for babies to adore to watch but Baby Einstein has some creepy moments too. You remember the Green Dragon puppet? How it walks by, then hears a whistle and then it appears but it stares at the screen before finally letting out a 'BLEH' and I was startled. What the hell?! And then he winked and sauntered off like nothing happened. O_o 


Or how about BABY BACH? That chicken walks by repeatedly while blucking and then it stops while it slowly turned to the screen. And it STARES INTO YOUR SOUL!!!!!! I mean, it's not too bad but this is for babies right? Are you people trying to freak us out? Well...this is an interactive video yes? So we'll let it slide but it still gives me the heebie jeebies a little. 



JUMPSTART 4TH GRADE HAUNTED ISLAND: You think that's creepy? Here's another that will remind you of something that you wish didn't....Remember Jumpstart 4th Grade Haunted Island? Children turned into monsters? Evil witch? Purple bat as a guide and that fortune teller with the piercing eyes?! Or this guy....? Imagine you're walking down the dark island and then you're halted by this ghost who scares you and laughs while introducing himself as the keeper of the island who wants you to solve his riddles. If you solve the riddle, he says that you're right but he'll stump you next time. If you get the riddle wrong, he takes the lanterns of your health and if he takes off every time you failed, you'd be sent to the Labyrinth and he appears IN THERE TOO!!!! This is Repsac (backwards for Casper, the Friendly Ghost, irony much?) 

DISNEY'S ALADDIN MATH QUEST: Speaking of stuff like this; do you guys remember Aladdin Math Quest? With Bizarra? OK, this one gives me the creeps. There was the Magic Carnival but I believe this was totally animatronic. The Fortune Teller, good god, the F**KING FORTUNE TELLER!!!! Once you see her, she greets you but she doesn't move her mouth and as you move close, she is so creepy when she moves her head around while talking. Leaning forward or shaking it, then when she stops, there's that 'slurp' like sound. UGH! And she leaves her MOUTH OPEN!!!! I was so scared of her, I had nightmares she'd come into my room to terrorize me! Eesh. 


SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK 3: The Scary Stories books by Alvin Schwartz is known for its creepy tales but the pictures are freaky as hell. The illustrations are by Stephen Gammell, and let me tell you these pictures do not look kid friendly, who the hell thought these pictures were a good idea? I mean my little brother had rented this book from the librairy in 4th or 5th grade. I read it once when I was sick with a cold at the age of 13 and boy, I could not believe the disturbing photos but there was one in particular that I never want to forget....THE DREAM!!! The story iteself is eerie, but the picture of the woman with the 'pale face, black hair and dark eyes'? Yeah, she didn't look so innocent. Just look at her: Her chin, her smile, her eyes....DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A REGULAR GHOST WOMAN TO YOU?! No, it doesn't. I rest my case. 


THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE--Home at Last: That evening, the Fat Controller reprimands Duncan and explains that the tunnel has never had problems, and threatens to 'cut him down to size' should he misbehave again. The Fat Controller is only joking but the threat is enough to make Duncan behave better.

"Listen to me. There is nothing wrong with that tunnel. You stuck in it, because you tried to do rock and roll. Tunnels are not dance floors, and you are not a pop star! If it happens again, I shall find ways to cut you down to size. In other words, your career is, uh.. *ahem* 'on the line.' Need I say more?"
The look on Duncan's face scared me a little with the whirly sound. 



Bowled Out: The Diesel was built at the Vulcan Foundry in Newton-le-Meadows, Lancashire, England. The Diesel was sent to Sodor in 1962 to assist the engines with goods and express work toward the end of Stepney's visit, but he only insulted the other engines by saying they were out-of-date, and bragged about his modernity. He got his comeuppance when an inspector's bowler hat jammed in his air intake, causing him to break down and be as sick as boiler sludge. He sulked in the shed while Duck and Stepney took the Express for him. While everyone was fare-welling Stepney, the Diesel crept away, leaving behind "a rather nasty smell of bad manners and a battered bowler hat". While the narrator said this; there was this creepy unfortunate sound music that unsettled me so much. 



A Bad Day for Sir Handel: When Sir Handel reaches the top station. he is very cross when he hopes for a rest, but discovers by his driver that he is expected at the quarry to collect trucks. He refuses to do so, and punctuates his point by deliberately derailing himself. When Sir Handel got derailed; he told his driver: "Told you." And there was that womp womp music playing. I hated that. Ughhhh! So creepy...to me.

OK, that's all I have here. I do hate Jump Scares in video games and horror films, that's why I'm a chicken shit when it comes to horror video games. So tell me....Which media stuff scared YOU as a kid? Let me know in the comments below, thank you so much! See you next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment